However, I'm not quite sure how my family got it. There's no way I was still carrying it when I saw them. Anyway, the last of the bunch are finally recovering and hopefully it's over. I'm just so grateful Westin didn't catch it (knock on wood). Oh, and as if everyone getting sick wasn't bad enough, Ryan's brother, Trevor, and his girlfriend got in a car accident the other night (everyone is ok). Basically, this was a Christmas break everyone is pretty ready to forget.
So as I mentioned above, Westin and I went to Vegas this past weekend for my stepbrother's wedding. On New Year's morning, we picked up my little brother who was in town visiting and headed up the 15. Westin slept the whole way to Barstow, where we stopped to feed him lunch and let him run around a bit.
Uncle Trev helping W up the hill

We arrived in Vegas around 3 p.m. and went straight to a family dinner with the bride and groom. This was actually the first time I met my stepbrother's (also named Trevor - yes, that's three in our family) fiance, Brit. She seems terrific and we're all very excited to have her in the fam.
Later that night, we let Westin loose in the hotel room and he got his hands on an empty can of soda. Apparently, he was pretty stoked about it.
Saturday was jammed packed with wedding stuff. We had the temple ceremony at noon, a wedding party luncheon at 3 p.m. and then the reception at 7 p.m. Westin was a real trooper through it all, but as you'll see in a minute, we definitely wore him out.
As we waited for Trevor and Brit to come out of the temple, Westin enjoyed walking around the temple grounds. He was enamored with this Nativity scene.
He kept going up to the ceramic animals as if they were real. He'd reach out his arm and touch them and then get close once he realized it was safe.
Here's the happy couple
He kept going up to the ceramic animals as if they were real. He'd reach out his arm and touch them and then get close once he realized it was safe.
Here's the happy couple

After pictures at the temple, we headed across town for the luncheon. The location was gorgeous. We were right on a lake and the weather, while a little chilly, was beautiful.
Westin isn't one to sit in a high chair for very long, making any restaurant visit rather stressful for me as I try to entertain him and keep him occupied. As most of you mothers probably can relate, we never leave a clean floor behind us either. Westin is the phase of dropping EVERYTHING off his highchair. We made it through most of this meal thanks to a poptart the waitress at the hotel gave us and to the ducks who ate the poptart off the ground around us.
-
Westin is also doing this new thing where he squints his eyes when he smiles at us - and not just for pictures. Sometimes he'll just look up at me, smile and squint his eyes. I think he thinks he's pretty funny cause he usually laughs after he does it.






No comments:
Post a Comment