Westin and I picked up my mom Friday afternoon and headed straight to Corner Bakery in Westwood for a little fuel. It's always great to have grandma around, especially since she's so good at entertaining W. An hour into her visit and they were already getting plenty of laughs in.
That night we put grandma straight to work babysitting while Ryan and I joined Trevor R. and his girlfriend Shalice at the Lakers' Game. Shalice had the hookups and they were definitely good ones! We started the night having dinner in the Lexus Club, overlooking LA Live.
We got to our seats (3rd row - go Shalice!) just in time for tip off. About 10 minutes into the game, our good friend Jack arrived. You may recognize him. He's the one in the black glasses.
First half the game was pretty close, but we pulled ahead (far, far ahead) in the second half and never looked back. Thanks, Kobe!

And what's a game without the Laker girls. This shot was for Ryan.


So our other star sightings were Simon Baker (The Mentalist), Will Ferrel, and the cast from Jersey Shore (if you can call them stars). Have you ever seen that show on MTV? Omg, it's the worst. It's basically a bunch of twenty-something Italians from Jersey living together like Real World. I haven't actually seen an episode (promise) but from what I hear, it's mainly a bunch of hookups and fighting (sounds awesome). Anyway, just after the game started, the whole cast showed up and were sitting right next to us... "The Situation" was literally sitting in the seat next to me. Apparently these guys and gals are pretty popular. More fans and photogs were taking pictures of them and with them than any other celeb we saw there. Maybe that's because it's easier to ask a lame, narcissistic reality star for a picture than to ask a big name celeb like Mr. Nicholson. I'll admit I was among the many who snapped some pictures (only because you HAVE to see how ridiculous they are), but the pictures are on Shalice's camera and I'll have to post later when I get them.
Westin has this little Sock Monkey jack-in-the-box and has started giving the monkey a sweet little kiss everytime he pops out of the box. I must have taken a dozen pictures trying to capture the moment on camera, but everytime I pulled the camera out, Westin would turn and look at me. I did get this great smile among all the failed attempts at the kiss.

Monday brought on a huge down pour so we didn't get to do much. My mom and I were able to sneak out for lunch while Ryan stayed with Westin and then after W's nap, we took him to the mall to look at the puppies at the pet store.

And what's a game without the Laker girls. This shot was for Ryan.

Post game celebration

So our other star sightings were Simon Baker (The Mentalist), Will Ferrel, and the cast from Jersey Shore (if you can call them stars). Have you ever seen that show on MTV? Omg, it's the worst. It's basically a bunch of twenty-something Italians from Jersey living together like Real World. I haven't actually seen an episode (promise) but from what I hear, it's mainly a bunch of hookups and fighting (sounds awesome). Anyway, just after the game started, the whole cast showed up and were sitting right next to us... "The Situation" was literally sitting in the seat next to me. Apparently these guys and gals are pretty popular. More fans and photogs were taking pictures of them and with them than any other celeb we saw there. Maybe that's because it's easier to ask a lame, narcissistic reality star for a picture than to ask a big name celeb like Mr. Nicholson. I'll admit I was among the many who snapped some pictures (only because you HAVE to see how ridiculous they are), but the pictures are on Shalice's camera and I'll have to post later when I get them.
-
The game was a blast and Ryan was actually able to go to a second one last night against the Magic.
-
Saturday morning my mom and I went for a run before she had to head out for an appointment. While she was gone, we got all our errands and housework done, and then when she returned we took Westin over to The Grove for some shopping.
-
Westin couldn't get enough of grandma. He followed her all over. Here he is helping her decide what we should have for dinner.

Westin has this little Sock Monkey jack-in-the-box and has started giving the monkey a sweet little kiss everytime he pops out of the box. I must have taken a dozen pictures trying to capture the moment on camera, but everytime I pulled the camera out, Westin would turn and look at me. I did get this great smile among all the failed attempts at the kiss.

Monday brought on a huge down pour so we didn't get to do much. My mom and I were able to sneak out for lunch while Ryan stayed with Westin and then after W's nap, we took him to the mall to look at the puppies at the pet store.
-
Today was another inside day, as it rained all morning before we had to take my mom to the airport. Westin was a big helper and assisted my mom in packing her bag (when he wasn't actually taking things out of it - guess he wasn't the only one who didn't want her to leave).




3 comments:
He is getting so big! and cuter by the day.
what else are good visiting teachers for if they're not leaving comments on your blog? love the pics of Jack and am dying to see pics of the JS cast. K, the show is SOOO retarded and up until last weekend I had never seen and episode and i was soooo proud...then i had to go spend time with the inlaws and well, that's what we watched. only one episode, i swear!! you just gotta love LA sometimes. let's get together soon. hope you had a great new year, i don't think i've seen you once since then... maybe this weekend???
I hope you and The Situation talked about where he was going to go creeping after the game. Also, I hope Snooks was lovely in-person.
Post a Comment