November 2, 2009

Underwood Family Farms

We had a busy Halloween weekend, and there's lots to post, but I'm in Philadelphia working today so I only have time for one entry. I'll start with Friday...
-
Friday morning Westin and I drove to Moorpark to celebrate his friend Camden Brown's 2nd birthday at the Underwood Family Farms. I had never been there and was pleasantly surprised by all that it had to offer. First off, the farm is HUGE. During the year you can go to the farm and pick your own fruit and vegetables (something I am absolutely taking Westin and Ryan to do when strawberries are back in season!). They also had pony rides, train rides, bouncy houses, hay rides, a petting coral, face painting, haystacks to climb, pig races, areas to feed the animals... just to name a few things.

Some of the group: Kim & Sarah, Carrie & Ella, Jazime & Jade
The birthday boy and his cute family

Trying to get a picture with all the kiddos... trying...

Apparently we need to teach Westin how to flirt with the ladies... because trying to grab their face doesn't really work.
And what's a picture of Westin without his arms in the air?
...or an outing without Westin trying to take things from other kids and put them in his mouth?
After a morning at the farm, Westin spent a little time with Margaret Philpott while I went over to the office for a quick client call. Then we headed back to Santa Monica where BreAnne, Trevor and Nate met up with us for dinner. And following tradition, we (and by "we" I mean BreAnne and me - the boys were watching baseball) decorated cupcakes (we decorated cookies last year at BreAnne and Trev's on Halloween).
Since baby Nate was coming over, I pulled out Westin's Bobby for Nate to use. W used to spend most the day in this thing when he was first born, but I had to put it away once he was able to crawl out of it. Of course as soon as I pulled it out, Westin thought it was the coolest thing and wanted to get in it again. He looked so big in it. His bum was almost touching the ground... ya think he may be a little over the weight limit?

And just for a little comparison... here's Westin back at the beginning of January in the Bobby.


Alright, that's all the time I have for now, but there's much more Halloween fun to come. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Juliann said...

Yay!!! That was such a fun day, to start off a fun weekend!! Until next year....