November 17, 2009

The Narci Chronicles

Dear family, friends, and any strangers who may happen to stumble upon our blog:

I'd like to invite you to check out a new blog, The Narci Chronicles (Narci is short for narcissist). The talented author is my mom, Diana Williams. For those of you who know her, well, you're a fortunate bunch ;) Like me, you know there aren't enough complimentary words or phrases to describe her. And depending on just how well you know her, you may also know many of her ups and downs, her triumphs and her trials. For those of you who don't know her, well, I guess now's your chance (totally worth it, I promise).

The Narci Chronicles was inspired by one of my mom's more recent trials, a six year marriage to a narcissist and the daring escape that gave her her life back. In her blog, my mom shares some of her experiences of being married to a narcissist, but more importantly, she shares what she's learned and how she's moving on. She's not writing for self gain, but rather, she's writing to inspire and support any woman (and maybe even a few men) who has ever lost their sense of self worth.

I know there are diapers to be changed, kids to be put to bed, dinner to be made, and hours of work to get to, but I promise if you take just a few minutes to check out The Narci Chronicles, you'll be grateful you did. As you get to know my mom and what she has to share, I think you'll laugh, I think you'll smile, I think you may even cry... but most of all, I think you'll be inspired and uplifted.

Here's a brief overview of The Narci Chronicles, written by Diana:

"On July 27, 2009 I drove away from my own personal Narci (shorthand for narcissist). Although the courtship was magical, the wedding beautiful, and the honeymoon blissful, I soon discovered the man I married had brought a stranger to live with us. Six years later, I was gasping for air, having lost myself to the emotional oppression and control of my Narci. I had become an Echo (see The Narcissus Myth, below). This is the story of my years with him, my discovery of who and what I was living with: the romance, the charm, the shock, the confusion, the deceit, and the abuse. It is the story of my safe escape and triumph in coming to grips with how I could be drawn to this, and how this could be drawn to me! It is ultimately the story of finding inner peace and developing healthy self-love. I hope it is a story that will help you in your pursuit of authenticity, self-acceptance and joy. Diana"

So for me, take a few minutes to check it out. If you love it or even if you just like it, I encourage you to share it with others.

Enjoy!

http://www.thenarcichronicles.blogspot.com/

Oh, and I suggest starting from the beginning. The first post is called, "Through the Glass, Darkly."

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I LOVE THIS!! Thanks for sending! I'm so proud of your cute mom and I hope I get to meet her one of these days... once I have a little one, you and I can take weekend trips to SLC to visit :)