November 8, 2009

11 Months

Westin is 11 months today. I just realized that I forgot to make a post when he turned 10 months. Sorry, W. Bad mommy moment.

Anyway, I can't believe Westin is almost a year. The last 11 months have FLOWN by. It's so fun to look at pictures throughout the year and see how much he's grown. We've had some big moments the last couple days with W. Just this week he FINALLY started clapping. His doctor had asked if he had started doing that back at his 9 months appointment and I was like, "no, he's not even close." Another bad mommy moment - I certainly must not be teaching my child as well as other moms teach their children, right? Actually, I just like to think that Westin has been more focused on his gross motor skills than his fine motor skills - which we all know is true by his mad crawling skills.

So here's a glimpse at our little clapper.


The biggest Westin moment came today after church. Westin took his first steps!!! He's been scaling our walls and chairs for a while now and I've noticed that his balance has improved dramatically over the last couple of weeks. And in the last few days I've noticed that he'll be scaling a wall or couch and pull both his hands off for a second and actually balance. So today I decided that we'd give him a little coaching. Ryan and I sat on the floor with him and helped him get his balance and then let go. The most he did was two steps, but they were two VERY good, strong steps! Don't worry, I totally started tearing up. Westin, we're so proud of you!!!

Ok, so here's a quick recap of the weekend. Friday night was dinner with our friends Emily and Justin in Westwood.


Saturday I had a church activity to attend in the morning, Ryan did some work, and then we took Westin out to do a little birthday shopping and dinner at The Grove where we met up with Mike and Erin.

Westin was exhausted by the end of the night, but we had to check out the mini water show. Here's the guys having a "moment" together.

Westin and me watching the water show together.

And finally one more shot of the guys.

3 comments:

The Evers Family said...

I can't believe he is walking! That's awesome!

steph said...

Walking!! How exciting! And he is a very strong clapper :)

Greg and Sariah said...

he's so big. he'll be 1 before i meet him. dangit. tell him to freeze!