November 3, 2009

The Rest of Halloween Weekend

As promised, I am back to finish blogging about our Halloween weekend. Saturday was seriously so packed with activities. After a morning run, three loads of laundry, grocery shopping and lunch, we headed off to another birthday party. This party was for Westin's friend Harrison who turned 1. Since it was Halloween, all the kiddos were invited to wear their costumes. Given that it was about 75 degrees, we decided to try Westin in his pumpkin costume. And while totally adorable - of course - it didn't quite fit and he was clearly irritated in it. We got one group picture and then I let him rip it off. I think if you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can get a better glimpse of Westin the pumpkin, along with Zoey the chicken, Isabelle the blue bird, Harrison the turkey and Charlie as Peter Pan.
The birthday boy Harrison (the turkey) and his bird friend Zoey
Some of the yummy goodies.
Immediately following Harrison's party, we went straight home to get a quick nap in (intended for Westin, but I think Ryan slipped one in as well) before the next party began. Westin didn't sleep long - nor did he even have a nap in the morning, ugh, which I knew would be a problem later on (and it was).

So after his nap, we dressed Westin up in his teddy bear costume and headed to our friends' house for dinner, treats, and some trick or treating. It was still quite warm, so we didn't torture Westin by making him wear the headpiece. Upon arrival to the party, we quickly discovered a bouncy house in the backyard. Westin crawled inside and barely came out for the next hour. He was even in there with the "big kids" (the 2 year olds) and totally held his own. Now, he wasn't jumping around, obviously, but he maneuvered around the other kids to get the balls like it was nobody's business.


That bouncy house was a life saver. Ryan and I were actually able to sit, eat dinner, and have some good conversation with our friends. Some of the yummy treats. After dinner and wearing Westin out in the bouncy house, it was time to trick or treat. At this point, Westin was getting tired and seemed to be a little warm from the costume as well. So we swapped the costume for jeans and his orange shirt. And since we couldn't go trick or treating in jeans and a t-shirt, we did stick the headpiece on for a couple houses...
Westin grabbing his first piece of candy on his first Halloween. Of course he didn't get to eat the candy, but Ryan and I sure did appreciate his effort in getting some treats for us!

We hit up about three houses and had to call it a night. Westin wiped out the second we got home, but the night wasn't quite over for us. Our friends Brad and Krissy were in town with their new baby, MaKayla, and stopped by to say hi. Makayla is so cute and it's always so fun to hold a newborn.

I miss snuggling with Westin when he was this little. It was my favorite. But don't get any ideas... I don't miss it that much. Not yet anyway.
Great to see you Brad and Krissy. We miss you guys!
Hope everyone had a fun Halloween. Next up, Thanksgiving and a trip to Utah at the end of the month. Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Erika said...

We can't wait either!

Kurt said...

Ha Ha! I love his costume. (The Goldilocks/family costume idea was a good one too).