September 2, 2009

Westin's "Me" Time

This morning as Ryan was about to leave for work, he decided to check on Westin since the little guy wasn't up yet. Westin usually gets up around 6:30 or 7 a.m., so it was a little odd that at 7:40 we hadn't heard a peep. As Ryan slowly opened the door to say his goodbye, this is what he found...
Westin had found his pacifier, stuck it in his mouth and was quietly playing with his blanket. We have no idea when he actually woke up. I didn't want to disturb him because he looked so peaceful and content (and I was actually kind of curious how long he would go on for), but Ryan gets very little time with him these days so we got him out of bed after I snapped a quick photo.

While this moment was rather precious... the fact that he's now crawling and pushing himself up to a sitting position does not bode well for naptime. This afternoon it took about 40 minutes for him to fall asleep because he was crawling around his crib and playing. I'm hoping this is just a phase and the novelty of being able to explore the crib will wear off soon.

But I guess all of us need a little "me" time now and then.

Off to go pack...

2 comments:

Kim, Byron H & M said...

That is adorable!! I sometimes wonder how much time passes between when Harrison wakes up and when he calls out. But I just tell myself he's still asleep and enjoy the silence!!

Kurt said...

Just like his dad.