September 15, 2009

Trip to Utah - Part 3: Mostly Wedding Stuff

After Ryan left, we had a couple days of wedding events for my friend Kacey. Kacey and I have been friends since we were babies. Our parents became good friends in college and we've all stayed close ever since. I was so excited that I could be in Utah for her big day.

Tuesday night kicked off the celebration with a dinner at Kimi's at Solitude Ski Resort. My mom and I were each other's dates and had a great time. I know it looks like we planned to wear the exact same color of purple, but I promise, we didn't. We got dressed separately and when we came out to leave, neither of us wanted to change... so basically, everyone knew we were together!

My gorgeous mother (can you believe she's a grandma?)
My dad and Loni were also there to celebrate with the Ludlows, (Kacey's dad and my dad are BFFs).


Wednesday (9-9-09) was the actual wedding. That morning, my mom and I dropped Westin off with my sister-in-law Lindsay, and then headed to the Draper temple for the ceremony. It was a beautiful ceremony with lots of tears (happy ones, of course). The best part, seeing Kace come out with her cute husband, Jake.

The happy couple
Ok, seriously, this dress is amazing! Kacey, you're stunning.
That night we attended the reception at Tuscany. Westin was a little tired, but we had a couple requests to bring him, so we couldn't disappoint. Plus, it was nothing a pacifier couldn't fix :)

Father of the bride, Kevin, with a sleepy-eyed Westin

My mom and Westin with the mother of the bride, Kit

The cake - fabulous!

The outdoor, garden setting of the reception was so beautiful. This picture hardly does it any justice.

And this was about 30 seconds before we left for the night...


After two fun-filled days of wedding stuff, the rest of the trip (Thursday - Sunday) consisted of working out to P90X with my mom (an insane workout), baking and cooking, seeing The Proposal (finally!), shopping at The Gateway, having dinner with my friend Kristi and the rest of my fam at The Counter, watching the BYU football game, evening walks with my mom, Westin and Sage, and lots of gabbing.

A couple more random pictures from the week.
Just as happy as can be

The gang watching football: Trev, Westin, Chris, my cousin Ben, my grandma, and my cousin Danny.
My cute sister, Kenzie
A little bonding time with grandma

We had such a fun time and were sad to say goodbye. The good news is that my mom and Kenzie are coming out here the beginning of October and then Ryan, Westin and I are all headed back to Utah for Thanksgiving!!!
Thanks again for an awesome vacation. Love you guys!
Oh, and one extra little treat...

1 comment:

Jason and Tawni said...

OMG That dress is absolutely stunning, I have never seen something quite like that before. Kacey looks great and so do you! I am super excited to see you in a couple of days!!!!!

I am praying that remembers his Aunt Tawni ...