September 14, 2009

Trip to Utah - Part 1

Ah, home sweet home. We are all finally back in LA. Ryan actually returned home last week after the holiday weekend was over, while Westin and I partied it up a little longer and didn't get back until last night. W and I were very excited to see Ryan, but he unfortunately had to leave this morning for New York and won't be home until Thursday night. Ugh! So we got to hang with him for about 12 hours (most of which were spent sleeping). Needless to say, I'm already looking forward to the weekend.

Anyway, back to the events of our very fun vacation...

Westin and I flew to Utah a few hours before Ryan (he had to work, and I booked a different airline to use my miles) on Sept. 3rd. Westin was pretty good on the plane. He's just so active, it's hard to keep him confined to a small space. And even though it was naptime for him, there was no chance he was going to fall asleep when there was so much to look at on the plane. Thank heavens the flight wasn't very long. Otherwise, I think it could have gotten ugly.

My mom, Trev, and Kenzie all came to the airport to get us. We then headed back to my grandparent's house (where my mom and Kenzie are staying for a little while) where my mom got some playtime in with Westin and we made dinner.

W showing grandma his mad crawling skills

Grandma and Westin at bathtime

After dinner and lots of Westin chasing my mom's dog around, we drove over to Ryan's sister's house where we'd be meeting up with Ryan and staying for the first few days of our trip.

The next day (Friday), we met back up with my mom for lunch and a walk around the farm at Thanksgiving Point. Our niece Lily had just gotten out of school for the day, so she, our other niece Gemma and Ryan's sister, Lindsay, were all able to join us for the animals.

Westin, Ryan and Lily checking out the little chicks.
The whole gang: Grandma Diana, Lindsay, Ryan, Gemma, Lily, and Westin

Westin was completely enamored with all the different animals.

Lily, Lindsay, and Gemma in the Thanksgiving Point jail.

Enjoying a little air conditioning in some random room about soil.

After a fun, and very hot, afternoon with my mom and the girls, Ryan, Westin and I met up with our pals, Kurt and Erika, for dinner. We tried a new pizza place in downtown SLC. I can't remember the name, but it was really good.


Then on Saturday we joined back up with Kurt and Erika for the most amazing Belgium waffles and the farmer's market at Pioneer Park. Seriously, next time you're in downtown SLC, you've got to get the Leige waffles at Bruges. It's just a small place on the north side of Pioneer Park. I promise you'll LOVE it!

Erika and Westin hangin' with the crowds at the farmer's market.

We also found some awesome tacos at the farmer's market. No worries that we just had waffles, we got tacos too!

Saturday night was of course the BYU football game. In case you didn't hear (which would mean you have been living under a rock or in some third-world country where there is no outside communication), BYU won. It was a major upset and sent BYU into the top ten.
Before church on Sunday we had Lindsay take some family pictures of us. Nothing too fancy, just something nice since we all happened to be in matching blue.

Westin is starting to make some pretty hilarious faces in pictures. This is just one of the many that made me laugh out loud.

For the Labor Day holiday, we drove up to Park City to join my family for a day at the lake. My dad was also in Utah for our friend's wedding (pictures to come in Part 2), so he rented some jet skies for all of us to enjoy. It was a little windy - ok, really windy - but we all had a great time. (I'll add more pictures to this part later).
Another one of Westin's funny faces.

Grandpa and Westin, who is sporting the beach vollyball player look.

And what's a trip to Utah without a stop at Cafe Rio? I miss this place!

After all this fun, Ryan had to head home to get back to work. I have lots more to post, but since I've been cleaning and doing laundry all day, it's probably time I take a shower (it's 4:30 p.m.!) before Westin wakes up again.

3 comments:

Megan said...

i started salivating when i read you went to cafe rio. i would kill for their chicken salad! your mom is seriously beautiful and you look gorgeous in your cute family shot!

Taryn said...

For no particular reason, I've really been wanting to go back to Utah. Looks like you got a lot in on your trip, but so nice to be home I'm sure! Westin is the cutest happiest little boy, I love it! And you always look fantastic!

The Evers Family said...

You look gorgeous Court! Love that family pic.