June 1, 2009

Big Weekend

The Lakers winning the Western Conference Finals wasn't the only big event this weekend. It was also the first time Westin went swimming!

Friday night we joined Trevor and BreAnne at their place to watch the Lakers game and to BBQ. They just got this new grill and I'm so jealous.

The boys getting dinner ready. Westin was enamored with the flames. Pyro.

Saturday we headed back up to Agoura to celebrate my dad's birthday. We had been planning on taking Westin swimming for the first time and were worried it wasn't going to happen due to the June gloom. Luckily, it cleared up right after lunch and we were able to go out for a little while in the afternoon.

Westin and dad getting ready to take a dip.

The whole gang was there for Westin's big day.

Westin really enjoy the water. For the first little while he just looked around trying to figure out what was going on, and then he eventually started smiling and laughing.
Sport'n some sweet shades (thanks Joan!)

First family pool pic
(omg, I'm so white. I swear I do live in LA...)
Grandpa with the water baby
Westin did so well in the pool. I can't wait to take him again!

Westin lasted about a half hour at the pool, then it was nap time. So while I took him in for a nap, the rest of the gang hung out poolside for a little while longer. After the pool, Loni started dinner while the boys started watching the Cavs v. Magic game. We had a great meal and a great time with the gang.

Happy birthday, dad. We love you.
After dinner and the game, I put Westin to bed and then Ryan and I snuck out to go see a movie. We saw the new "Night at the Museum" movie. It was pretty funny, but most of all it was so nice to go see a movie with my hubby! We haven't seen a movie together for more than SIX months. So a big thanks to my dad and Loni for watching Westin while Ryan and I went out, even though it was my dad's birthday.
-
We spent Sunday afternoon at Ryan's parent's house, eating yummy food, lunging on the lawn and taking naps. Sunday doesn't get better than that.

2 comments:

Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

Westin's face is priceless in that pic with the sunglasses. Could he possibly get any cuter?