Grandma Diana and W
Showing off his sick sitting skills
It was nice to have some visitors yesterday and to get a break in our usual at-home routine. After everyone left, it was time for a nap and then the nightly bedtime routine. Last night was particularly entertaining as Westin did not want to sit still while I fed him his rice cereal. Needless to say, it was the messiest feeding we've had so far (for the both of us). You can't quite tell from this picture, but the rice cereal pretty much made it everywhere (nose, ears, legs, arms...) on Westin except in his mouth. And I should have take a picture of my clothes, because the second I lifted him out of the chair he did a face plant into my shirt, basically cleaning his entire face and hands with it.
By the way, he loves his high chair.

Then it was off to the bath, which has now turned into "let's get mom soaking wet time." He basically just swats his arms up and down the whole time. He thinks it's hysterical... and quite honestly, I do too. This actually makes me excited to take W swimming (which we have planned for this weekend). If he likes the bath this much, he's sure to fall in love with the pool.
After the bath, I laid Westin on the bed to get his Pjs on. He was staring at the stuffed animals next to him, so I decided to sit him up and let him explore a texture other than plastic from his toys. He loved the rabbit and dog - kept grabbing one and then the other - just couldn't make up his mind.

About 15 minutes later, when he was no longer interested in the stuffed animals, it was time for bed... for like an hour (ugh!). I swear this kid has superpower hearing when it comes to his dad's voice, cause not too long after Ryan got home from his work dinner, Westin was up and totally not interested in going back to bed. He seriously loves his dad so much and gets so excited to see him. It's quite cute.
Anyway, that's just another day for us...

About 15 minutes later, when he was no longer interested in the stuffed animals, it was time for bed... for like an hour (ugh!). I swear this kid has superpower hearing when it comes to his dad's voice, cause not too long after Ryan got home from his work dinner, Westin was up and totally not interested in going back to bed. He seriously loves his dad so much and gets so excited to see him. It's quite cute.Anyway, that's just another day for us...

No comments:
Post a Comment