May 18, 2009

Home of Country Music

Greetings from Nashville! I just got done with my work here and thought I'd do a quick post to say hello and catch ya'll up on what we've been up to. So I left LA yesterday afternoon and came out here to Nashville, which I will be leaving in the morning for Denver. This is my first time in Nashville and as far as I can tell, it's a nice place. The weather couldn't be any better (blue skies and 70) and the landscape is quite breathtaking too - I love the miles and miles of trees everywhere. However, I can't really give an accurate assessment of any of the cities I travel to since I don't really see anything other than the hotel and the route to and from the airport and the facilities I work in.

So as I finish up my work here, Ryan is at the Dodger game with Mike. I've actually started to see a little trend here when I travel... I think two of the three times I've traveled since Westin was born, Ryan has made his way over to Chavez Ravine. Though I can't blame him... it's not often both Westin and I are gone and Ryan actually has time to go to a game. So I'm glad he's having fun.

And it's my dad and Loni's first time babysitting Westin overnight. Everything seems to be going well. Westin is still teething, so that throws a wrench into his usually predictable schedule, but they seem to be managing just fine (not that I expected anything less). Chris and Trevor are both in town, and Kenzie has been going over there - so W is getting plenty of attention and is apparently taking over the house...

That's it for now, but don't worry, there's plenty more to come later in the week. As soon as I get home Wednesday, I will be doing laundry and getting us packed for our trip to Utah on Thursday.

1 comment:

Stopher and Nicolle said...

de-lurking. happy anniversary. also, must hear more about nashville. chris and i were looking into it as i have fave fam in franklin...popular nashville suburb.