May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Well, it was my first Mother's Day today and I must say - what an honor and privilege it is to be a mother... especially Westin's mom. My mom used to try explaining to me the magnitude of love she had for us kids, but there was no way of actually understanding what she was talking about until I experienced motherhood firsthand. It's amazing what joy and happiness this little guy has brought into my life. Each smile, each laugh, each funny face... continue to melt my heart day in and day out. I love all the special moments I get to share with him - even those late night feedings (yes, he's still waking up at night) when I'm half asleep. All he has to do is look up at me with those big blue eyes and crack a smile out of the side of his mouth and it makes being exhausted the next day so worth it. It's a full-time job with lots of unpaid overtime hours, but it's one job in my life that I'll never want to quit!


We had a fun weekend with both my mom and Ryan's mom. On Saturday we took my mom to lunch at Cafe Montana in Santa Monica. It's one of our favorite lunch spots. My mom and I used to go here anytime we had a girls day - many good meals, memories and conversations have been had here.
Trev and Kenzie were also able to join us.
For those of you who know my mom, you know what an amazing woman she is. And for those of you who don't - well, she's simply amazing. Mom, I love you and thank my lucky stars everyday that I'm your daughter.
-
And today for Mother's Day we had a nice morning at church and a fun afternoon at Ryan's parent's house where his dad cooked another awesome dinner.
-
Grandma Connie helping Westin learn to bounce in the Johnny Jumper

And just a quick shout out to Connie - thank you for raising such an outstanding son. I hope we can do as good of a job with Westin as you did with all your kids. I consider myself so fortunate to be a part of the Rich family and to have such a loving, caring mother-in-law. Love you!
-
Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Krissy said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Erin C said...

Happy Mother's Day Courtney!

Jason and Tawni said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day babe. Thanks for the text too, I was in a meeting when I got it but it made me smile even though I couldn't reply right then.

It looks like you had a great time and I loved seeing all the pictures. Westin is getting so big!!!