-
Thursday night we flew to Utah (the first time all three of us did a plane ride together). Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as the last time W and I flew together. The flight was right at Westin's bedtime and I was hoping he'd fall asleep after eating... but he didn't. Instead, he was wide awake for the first hour (fine, no problem) and then got tired and wouldn't fall asleep for the last 30-45 minutes (problem). Luckily he didn't create too much of a scene and Ryan and I did everything we could to entertain him until we landed... and then he passed out as soon as we got in the car - of course.
-
Since it was pretty late by the time we got in, we went straight to Ryan's sister's house and headed to bed. When we arrived the gang was asleep but our room was all set up for us and I found a note on our bed from our niece Lily. I forgot to take a picture of it, but it went something like this:
Dear Aunt Courtney,
If you're not too tired in the morning, can you please do my hair for school? I love you.
Love Lily
PS. You need to wake up at 7:10
-
I love my little Lily and couldn't wait to get up and do her hair for school the next morning. Westin was of course up by then anyway, so the two of us were greeted Friday morning by my sister-in-law Lindsay and Lily at exactly 7:10 a.m.
After I did Lily's hair and she headed off to school, we had some play time with Westin before we got going for the day. We decided to try this car and he LOVED it. In fact, I think it will be our next purchase for him.
Later that morning Ryan and his brother-in-law Brian played golf while Lindsay and I took Westin and Gemma on a walk and got them down for naps.
Saturday morning we took Westin and headed up to Salt Lake where we met up with Kurt and Erika. While Ryan and Kurt attended the wedding ceremony in the temple, Erika and I took Westin on a tour of Temple Square.
Before Hugh and Kaitlin came out for pictures, Ryan showed off Westin for the first time to his friends. I think they all enjoyed seeing Ryan as a dad.
Steve, Drew, John, Ben, Kurt and Nick
The groom (center with the yellow tie) and the guys - (from top left to right): Kurt, unknown, Drew, John, Steve, Ben, Nick, Hugh and Ryan

After taking pictures at the temple, we walked down to The Gateway to have lunch at The Counter - one of our favorite restaurants here in Santa Monica. We were excited to share it with the rest of the gang.
Kind of looks like a missionary zone meeting with all those white shirts and tiesSunday we spent the day with Lindsay, Brian and the kids. That evening I dropped Ryan off at Kurt and Erika's place, and I took Westin to the Old Mill (my old neighborhood) to see Kristi and Allie (Al happened to be in town for her bro's wedding - lucky me!). This was probably the most momentous occasion of the weekend because Westin and Easton finally met!!! These two cuties are only five days apart and are destined to be best buddies.

Kristi, Allie, Easton, Westin and me (all we were missing were Tawni and Stella)
It was such a fun little reunion and I was so happy I could finally meet Easton and Creighton (Allie's 2-year-old).
For the holiday on Monday, Lindsay and I went running while the boys watched the kids. Then Ryan, Westin and I met Kurt and Erika for lunch at Cafe Rio (can't go to Utah without stopping there). After lunch, I took Westin home for a nap while the other three went to see Angels and Demons (which they all seemed to enjoy). That night we ended the trip watching the Lakers v. Nuggets game (not really the happy ending we were looking for from that day).
Adam, Brian, Kurt, Erika, Ryan and me pigging out on pizza and junk food (just one of the many coping mechanism one has to use to deal with loss)
We took a super early flight this morning (big mistake) and we're all exhausted and sad our trip had to end so soon. We had a great time with everyone and are so grateful to Lindsay and her family for letting us take over their basement for the weekend. Thanks guys!!!




3 comments:
It was a great weekend. I must say, Westin is the cutest kid and he's so endearing. He kinda stole the wedding show, plus i like his hat.
Oh sad times, I am super unhappy about the fact that you girls were all in SLC without me. Sniff Sniff. I am totally jealous but also really glad that it worked out and that Easton and Westin could FINALLY meet each other.
BTW - Stella has that same car in pink (shocking) and she loves it too, Westin will definitely love it when you buy one for him.
So glad you had a good trip, how fun to see all your friends and family. Love you!
I'm so glad you had a fabulous weekend! I'm bummed I just missed you guys, but I'm sure I'll be seeing you this summer. The debate is Marino Del Ray or Glendale. So we'll see :)
Post a Comment