June 8, 2009

Westin is 6 months

First of all, thanks to those of you who lent some support and advice on my previous entry! You guys rock.

Second of all, Westin is 6 months today and because of my rant last night, this entry will be nothing but POSITIVE. This morning I took Westin in for his 6 month appointment and here are his stats:

Height: 26" (he was 24" two months ago)
Weight: 17 lbs. (and he was about 14 lbs. two months ago)

We also started W on baby foods today. I started with green beans. I decided I should get the bad ones out of the way at the beginning and then introduce the yummy ones later (not sure where I came up with this logic). Anyway, it made for a good laugh (for me anyway). I started the feeding with a couple bites of oatmeal and then I slipped in one bite of green beans. He seemed a little confused by what had just happened when I did that, but still opened up for the next bite. On that next bite, he realized what was going on and was not happy about it. His expressions just got more dramatic as the feeding went on. I tried to get a good picture of his gagging face (omg, it was priceless), but could never get it (my camera is too slow). So here are a couple of his "unhappy, this is disgusting, what are you doing to me" faces.

BEFORE green beans... life sure seems good
(BTW - check out those teeth... and those cheeks!)

AFTER green beans...
Had you been there and seen all the nasty faces he was giving me, you'd have sworn this was some kind of child abuse.
This was at the end... just angry with me at this point
Sorry, Westin, but we've got to try it again in the morning...

And last but not least, a couple fun facts about Westin at 6 months:

-He is ROLLING... only to his left from his back to stomach, but he does it all the time.
-After he rolls on to his stomach, he kind of moves around like a fish out of water (see video below)
-He continues to discover new sounds he can make and probably has the lowest baby voice I've ever heard (you'll get a taste of this in the video below)
-He loves to smile and is very friendly to strangers (we'll definitely be having the stranger-danger talk when he's a little older)
-Any sound his dad makes will make him laugh (seriously, just about anything Ryan says puts a smile on Westin's face - it's so cute how much he loves his dad)

My little fish out of water

4 comments:

steph said...

Congrats on the 6 month mark! He is so chubb-dorable, and I love the fish out of water dance.

Erika said...

You've got to get that kid back in the pool - he is the next Michael Phelps. That is unless his dancing career takes off (don't let Ryan read this).

Also, congrats on having your husband back. Based on what he told me, you guys should be moving out here in t-minus 14 months. :)

Jason and Tawni said...

I am aware that I am completely behind on your blog, I am trying to catch up at the moment and feeling like I have missed out on a lot of stuff!

OK, holy crap W is getting to be so big! He doesn't even look like the same baby as he did when I saw him in March. He has a heck of a lot of teeth too, I had noidea he was up to 7.

Awesome that he loves the pool!!! It will be your saving grace this summer, trust me. Enjoy the days while we is content just floating around in the water, they won't last!

Lakers suck.

I am sorry about the teething ruining your night time routine. If it helps, it will get better after the teething has slowed down. Stella was a nightmare during the teething nights (basically from September to Christmas) and it was a long 3 months. But I do agree with the moms who suggested teething tablets. They are the BEST and helped a lot.

Happy Birthday Steve! You don't look a day over 30!

Awesome job on rolling over W - that's great! Love that video and those legs kill me!

His face before the green beans is priceless, I don't believe that I have ever seen a smile that big! Sooo funny how quickly it changed though!

I miss you.

I miss you.

I miss you.

Tauna said...

Westin is adorable. I love that "pre-beans" picture. And the one with the shades in the pool. So cute.