It's official, I can finally take Westin to the kids' club at 24 Hour Fitness. My friend Megan lives across the street from the gym, so on Monday Westin and I drove to her house and walked over with her and her son Eli. When we arrived at kids' club, there were quite a few kids there and it was rather noisy. Eli is 1 and totally mobile, so he couldn't wait to get out of Megan's arms and play with all the cool toys. Westin on the other hand was a little frightened by another baby crying and started to cry himself (he's totally fine with a siren of a police car or the loud conversations in a restaurant, but when he hears another baby cry or scream it totally sets him off - weird). I calmed him down a little and then handed him off to one of the kids' club employees, but was still nervous and totally expected to hear my name called over the loud speaker... but it never happened! When we returned to pick the boys up, the room was much quieter and the boys were as happy as can be. Success! We went again yesterday (we did yoga - I had no idea I could be this sore from stretching!!!), and the boys had another good day. There was only one other kid there this time, so it was perfect. We're headed back tomorrow. I'm so excited to finally have some consistency in my workouts.
Also this week, Ryan went "out of town" for a couple days. I say "out of town" because he was actually gone one night... but really he was just down in Long Beach (which is like 30 miles from where we are). He's on a new project that requires him to be on-site for two days each week. And with LA traffic being as horrible as it is (that 30 miles could take over an hour each way), his team decided it would be easiest to just stay in the LBC for a night each week. He gets home tonight, and W and I are very excited to see him.
And finally... the 2 hour nap. Yes, folks, Westin may not be sleeping through the night (don't judge), but this week he has consistently taken a full TWO hour nap (sometimes longer) each morning. It's simply fantastic!!!
Sorry no pictures this time, but we have Ryan's siblings and their kids coming to town this weekend, so there will be plenty to come.
June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
My father in law lives in the LBC. Good to know that when we visit him, you are only 30 miles away!!!!
And whoa...the gym. That's exciting. Tanner loves our kids klub but Camden hates hit. He sits on the couch the full 90 minutes I'm there. He just watches Dora while Tanner plays with all the other kids. Totally there personality.
Good luck with the sleeping thing. It is not fun getting up ALL night!!!!
i am so glad we are gym buds. seriously. and even though we can only go one day next week ... we'll get back on track the week after!
way to go westin for taking good naps!
Yay for 2 hour naps! That is so awesome and I am totally not judging the not sleeping through the night yet thing. I just feel bad for you but hey, it's all part of the kid thing I guess.
Good job with the work outs, I am going to be doing that very same thing with Stella starting next week so wish me luck!
Post a Comment