In other news - here's a quick recap on our fun-filled weekend.
Friday night started off with a disappointing loss to the Giants (boooo). We joined our friends Mike and Erin for one of baseball's great rivalries and were greatly let down by our Dodgers. This was actually my first time seeing these two teams play and the game was a total bust. It wasn't even exciting.
However, our seats did provide some entertainment... I think this was the first time we've sat this high up at Dodger Stadium. We were higher than the foul post!!! We got a kick out of being that high up, but ultimately decided we needed to move closer. (Yes, those white dots on the field are the players.)
Proudly sporting our Dodger blue
Mike and Erin
Then on Saturday - as Ryan prepped for the BYU game (i.e. watching Game Day on ESPN), I headed to a friend's baby shower. Kim (far right-below) is the YW President in my old ward and I served with her for most of the year before we moved. In the middle is my one and only Beehive, Haleigh. I think there are a couple new Beehives since I moved, but when I was in the ward it was just me and her. (Had I known I was going to look like a giant next to these two, I would have taken off my heals)
After the baby shower, I met up with my mom and brother for lunch at Cafe Montana (one of our favorites). Chris was in town for the weekend and it was great to get some time with him to catch up and chat.
BTW - while this was all going on, Ryan was at home watching the BYU game... I wasn't totally neglecting him all day.
~
After the game (another BYU victory), Ryan and I headed to Huntington Beach for dinner with our friends Mike, Erin, Chase and Jacque. Can I just say we have some awesome friends!!! (Unfortunately - no pictures of this event - I forgot.)
~
Sunday was spent watching more football, having dinner with Ryan's parents, and finishing Twilight - yes, I'm now addicted!!!

3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! We miss you guys like crazy... I don't think we are going to get down to California for my fall break in October, unfortunately airfare is outrageous. But it's always fun to read and find out what you guys have been up to :)
You are just looking cuter and cuter. I love seeing you pregnant. You are truly glowing. Not sweating...glowing!!!
Second...mmmm Cafe Montana. Delicious. Had some sweet potato fries at Tahoe..almost as good. But not quite.
Third...Go BYU.
And fourth...it's about time. Twilight is my love. Team Edward baby!!!
Well, it's about freaking time that you got on the Twilight Bandwagon ... isn't it great? You will love the series. The movie will be coming out in November so make sure you finish before then.
I love the pictures from your weekend, sorry that our Giants kicked your Dodger butts!
You are looking great, love the belly!!!
(PS It was great to talk to you the other day, thanks for calling, we missed you!)
Post a Comment