September 16, 2008

Breast Cancer Fundraiser

Tonight was our first fundraiser for the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk that my friends are doing at the end of November. Thanks to Jen and her connections at CPK, we were able to do a fundraiser where 20% of the cost of every meal (of those who brought in our flyer) was donated to the girls' team (Mandy, Jen, Harper, Kirsten, Jessica, Julia, and Heather). For the past week, we've been passing out the flyers in hopes of getting a great turnout today - which, I think we did, but the results won't be in until later.

My mom and Kenzie joined me... and half of my graduating class... for the event. OMG - it was seriously an Agoura High School reunion. I couldn't believe everyone we saw and were able to catch up with.

The girls...
Yes, Makenzie and I have the same shirt on (diff colors), and yes she looks way cuter in it than I do. Hey, I'm pregnant, and she's 16, ok!

Next to my mom is Margaret (Mandy's mom) and Bekki (Mandy's older sister).
Don't know why I decided to put this one in black and white...
Most of the team (minus Kirsten and Heather). From left to right: Harper, Julia, me, Mandy, Jen and Jessica. What a fabulous looking group of girls!
This is my good friend Mary (Russon) Skinner.
Whole group of Agoura alums.
Julia and her mom.
More Agoura alums... the Zuckerman triplets, Melanie, Jen, and Jess.
And because Mandy has been unhappy with all of my pregnancy pictures so far (I guess I haven't been doing a good job of showing off my belly), she made me take a new one... it took about 5 minutes to get to her standards.

It was such a fun evening. I was bummed my hubby couldn't be there, though. Ryan had a last minute trip out to Boston (literally found out yesterday and left today). So he's sound asleep on the east coast - where I'm actually headed tomorrow as well. However, I'm going to Hackensack, NJ. Far less exciting than Boston. Actually, both places aren't very fun when you're just working. Things are busy, busy at work for Ryan and I don't think it's gonna let up until mid-December... just in time for the baby (I hope).

No comments: