February 28, 2008

Soy Glazed Salmon

Here's a recipe for some yummy and EASY salmon:

1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp grated frsh ginger
4 salmon steaks or filets (6 ounces each)

Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, and ginger.
Place salmon on prepared baking sheet; brush with soy mixture. Broil until browned on top and opaque throughout, 5 to 6 minutes.

MY CHANGES
I doubled the sauce so I'd have some extra to pour on top after it was cooked. I also added a little extra honey - I like things sweet. Also, for me, the broiler technique wasn't working as well as I'd hoped, so after baking it in the oven for about 10 minutes, I seared it on the stove. That helped to give it a more crisp outside layer (which is something I personally like). And just in case you're wondering, I served it with green beans and brown rice (cooked in chicken broth, not water... gives it more flavor).

No comments: