February 27, 2008

Half Marathon

Just one more post from '07 and then I'll start '08...

Last December I ran the Pasadena Half Marathon. Needing as much time as possible to prepare, I started training in the summer. Little by little I built up my endurance and was able to complete the 13 miles without ever stopping or walking! It was a great accomplishment and I was so happy I did it.


However, that does not mean I will be gearing up for a full marathon any time soon. Once I finished those 13 miles, I couldn't have imagined running another 13 immediately after that. No thanks, I'm plenty proud of my half marathon.

Ryan, my dad, Loni, and Mandy all joined me at the finish line to celebrate. Apparently my dad and Loni barely made it - they were literally walking up as I was on the last stretch of the race. Meanwhile, Ryan and Mandy had been there for an hour. Yeah, us Carlstons are known to run a little late from time to time. After some sweaty hugs and pictures, we quickly headed to Cheesecake Factory to refuel the engines.

1 comment:

runnergirl said...

Way to go, Courtney! Congrats on your fist half-marathon. That's a huge accomplishment. I'm so proud of you, and I'm glad you had fun with it.

As I write this Craig (my squeeze) is running the L.A. Marathon, and I'm out the door to go meet him at the finish line and scrape him off the pavement.

Keep up the good work, and with any luck I'll see you at the races! Run, Courtney, run!!

Love,
Luann