June 2, 2013

Workin' It in NYC

The week before Memorial Day, I did one last work trip to NYC before the baby arrives next month. I love going to NYC - for work and play. When I go for work, I stay right next to Central Park and down the street from Mandy. Can't get much better than that. I had two full days of work, and one half day, but was able to get in an evening walk through the park and dinner and breakfast with Mandy.

It was a little humid and very hot during the days I was there, but the evenings cooled off nicely. Central Park is always so fun to explore because of all the activity within it. On this particular night, my walk ended with an impromptu ballet show at the Columbus Circle corner.

After work Tuesday night, I was able to meet up with Mandy, Scott, Bekki and Dave for dinner. It was so fun to catch up and see this gang. Love them so much!

Wednesday started with a quick breakfast with Mandy, some more work, then a six-hour plane ride, one hour Bart ride back to the house, and laundry to get ready for our departure to LA the next morning. It was a bit of a whirlwind 24 hours, but all the travel went so smoothly and W and I arrived in LA quickly and safely.

During this particular work trip, I had a new girl watch Westin for me. Jamie had been a nanny all through high school and was home for college, so her schedule was perfect for what we needed - which was 14-15 hours/day. She started at 6:45 a.m. and was usually at the house till 9 p.m. when Ryan would return. Needless to say, I think the "mommy hours" were a little bit of a shock for her, but she did great and W had a blast with her (which is always the most important part). He finished up his last two days of preschool with an Olympics Day and a Water Day. He also had fun at the park with friends. These are two pictures I received while I was away. In case you can't tell, he's getting a sand tattoo.

No comments: