November 23, 2012

Just When You Thought We Were Gone

Two weeks in our new home, and it was already time to drive back to LA. I'm still trying to figure out my work situation in our new area, with Ryan's new schedule, so until that's figured out, I'll be making a couple drives down to LA to leave W with my parents while I go travel for work. This last work project was scheduled a little inconveniently, with three nights, spread out over a week. Westin and I drove down on a Wednesday, I flew to Dallas Thursday morning and got back Friday morning (was literally there for 18 bours). We hung in LA over the weekend, then I worked in LA Monday night, took a red eye to NYC Tuesday night, flew back Thursday morning and immediately drove back with Westin to SF Thursday afternoon. And that's not even the half of it... two days later we got back in the car with Ryan to drive back to LA for Thanksgiving week. Good times, right?

So life has been a little chaotic, but we did get to see our friends and family a little, so that was a major plus.

One of the days I was gone, Westin got to hang out with Iron Man. He was SO excited to hear he was going to see Eli and Isaac.

When I got back from Dallas, we were able to spend some time with Abby and Daniel. I love seeing Westin interact with babies. He's so tender-hearted.


Over the weekend, we went bowling. Westin thought he was a pro (and he was actually pretty good). After every throw, he would lift up his leg like this, just like to big guys.


My dad's friend Jon joined us for the competition... him and my dad may have had more fun that W.

After the weekend, we headed to my mom's house. In between work, W and I tried to get outside and enjoy the weather. On this particular day, he had found one of the baby dolls my mom kept over the years, and it became his little sister. (Could he be more ready for a sibling?)

I also, finally, gave him a haircut... though some may question that since I only took about a half inch off. I just can't bare to lose those luscious locks.

And the best part of the work trip for me... getting to hang out with this fabulous lady while I was in NYC.

A huge thank you to my dad and Loni, my mom, Megan and Breanne for their help while I was working!!!

No comments: