Since we've been in the Bay Area, we've been trying to get out and explore our new hood. There's a lot to see and do all around San Francisco. Our first weekend in town, we explored a little of the Rockridge area, where we ate at Zachery's Pizza and had ice cream at Ici ice cream parlor. Zachery's was good, but Ici was awesome. The flavors there are really unique, and it's your good ol' homemade, hard ice cream. It's delicious. If you come to visit, we will be taking you there.
I love being so close to the cousins, and so does Westin. Jan and I have been able to meet up quite a few times to get the kids together. Westin and Emery are so cute together and are at a great age to play together. In Danville, there is a fabulous park called Sycamore Canyon Park that I wish was in our neighborhood - it's that fun!
Near us, in Moraga, is a skate park that we discovered recently. While watching, we noticed a little boy about Westin's age on is Razor scooter going up and down the ramps with the big boys. Westin was in awe and totally inspired.
So you better believe we were back at the park a day later (while the big boys were in school) and Westin had the park to himself.
His helmet is a little small, but he didn't care and wore it for about four days straight... everywhere
Including to a restaurant and Target... I wish I could have taken pictures of the looks we got. I couldn't stop laughing.
We also explored Tilden Park near Berkeley a little. We were joined by the Pettingills and had a great time. The kids fed some animals and we all took a train ride.
That same night, we all went to the drive-in movie to see Wreck It Ralph. This was my first drive-in and I loved it. The movie was great and we all had a really fun time.
And to wrap it up... here's my favorite picture from the last couple weeks.














No comments:
Post a Comment