That first Monday I was able to do a walk through of the town home we moved in to, as well as hit up a couple furniture stores and Sears, where we purchased our first washer and dryer! (Big moment in my life). Westin was enthralled by the Christmas decorations. Had I let him, he would have hung out there all day.
On Tuesday, we stayed in the city and enjoyed gorgeous weather and the fun touristy areas.
View from our hotel window
I had the movers come on Wednesday and later that week, we were able to hang out with the cousins in Danville, which is only 20 minutes from us.
Playing hop scotch
That week, Westin also received his Halloween costume in the mail, so he basically wore it everyday from then on.
We're all unpacked (Westin loved when I got to his toys and books - it was like Christmas morning for him going through everything he hadn't seen in four months) and moved in now, just waiting for some of our new furniture to arrive and then I think I'll feel like I'm really at home (well, sort of... it's no LA).










2 comments:
So glad you are settling in! I wish we had met up with you when you were in LA. And we are also buying our first washer and dryer! YAY! I can't wait to do laundry inside a house without going up and down stairs just to change a load! (yes we are moving--but still around here). I love your updates. I can't believe how much Westin has grown.
first washer and dryer... that is a huge moment!!! i'm super excited for you... and jealous.
Post a Comment