June 16, 2012

A Real Baseball & More Goodbyes

The other night we were able to go back to Dodger Stadium for their game against the Angels. We had seats right behind home plate - perfect foul ball territory. And wouldn't ya know it - we got ourselves a foul ball. Well, to be honest, the guy behind us got the ball and then gave it to Westin. Westin was so excited, you would have thought he caught the ball himself. The rest of the night he kept showing it to everyone around us, calling it his "real" baseball. 


One proud papa


Last week we also did a going away BBQ for people in the ward who are graduating and moving out. We've had the privilege of meeting some truly wonderful people. I'm so grateful for the friendships we've made in this ward. And while I'm excited to be done with student life, I am sad to say goodbye to this great group of people.

Kristen, Anesha, Nichole, Emily, Onjali and Tasha

Ryan with David and Todd (both MBA students)

Westin, Austin, Owen, Evee, Sydney and Ava

My buddy from primary, Ethan

And what's a BBQ without the kids collecting snails? (I say that pretending I'm a cool mom who's ok with the bug obsession, but I'm not. To snails, I say, gross!)


No comments: