November 23, 2010

Hit the Piglet

One can never start too early working with their child to perfect their shooting game. We don't have height in this family, so we have to master skill and speed. First drill we're working on is called "Hit the Piglet." It's just that. In order to more consistently get the ball in the hoop, I put a sticker (which happened to be of piglet - nothing against him, though) in the center of the backboard for Westin to aim at. When he hits the piglet, the ball always goes in.


Westin also loves to Watch basketball with Ryan and will now call out when a player makes or misses a shot. When a player misses, Westin says, "Missed. That's ok. One more time." Meaning, that he wants the player to try one more time. What a good sport.

Funny W Stories:
-A few minutes after Ryan left for school this morning, Westin looked at me and said, "Daddy goes to PRESCHOOL!" Not quite, buddy.
-In answering the question of what he'd like for breakfast this morning, Westin replied: "Cookies." I then said, "no cookies for breakfast." Westin responded with, "Ok, just one cookie." Smart kid.

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

You do start young. I guess I better get going with Jackson.