November 12, 2010

Utah Revisited

As promised, here are the rest of the pictures from our Utah visit. The trip itself was actually initiated by some work I had to do in the area. Lucky for me, this was one work trip I could bring W on and have a chance to see my family. Work took up a couple full days for me. During that time, Westin hung out with Uncle T, Aunt Kenzie and Grandpa. Sounds like they all had a blast together.

On the days I wasn't working, and when Westin wasn't pulling high chairs onto his face, we tried to have a little fun here and there. Friday was a visit to the Discovery Center with my dad and Loni. I love this place and wish we had something more like it in LA.

Before even getting through the main doors, Westin was already content watching pennies roll down this thing.

 In the construction zone

The water zone

The grocery store

Clearly I've done an effective job teaching my son about the importance of fruit and vegetables because the only thing he wanted to stock his cart with was the asparagus

Taking a little ride on the horse with grandpa

We are so cool

Westin and his co-pilot grandpa

Building blocks with mom

Watching the water show

And here's the gang just before Westin's accident

Saturday, my mom, Kenzie, W and I started doing a little Christmas shopping. It was a pretty exhausting day trying to enjoy shopping with the girls while also keeping Westin happy and pain free after Friday's fall. At one point my mom took Westin off in the mall to calm him down while Kenzie and I looked around in a store. A few minutes later they returned and Westin had See's suckers in each hand with a huge grin on his face. Grandma knows best :)

Then on Sunday we spent the morning visiting my mom's parents and the afternoon visiting my dad's mom.

Here's W getting a ride on grandma's walker



Monday was another work day for me, so Westin hung out with Uncle T (that's what Westin calls Trev) and then grandpa in the evening. Tuesday morning it was time to start packing and getting things ready to head home. I also had a work call to take for about 30 minutes, during which, Westin decided he'd make the biggest mess he could think of. I couldn't get off my call to try to stop him, so here's the aftermath... he took every VHS tape my mom had (yes, she's saved them all), took out the tape and threw the case and the tape all over the floor. It was really fun to put away.

Before heading home, we were able to have one last lunch with grandma and T


Despite me having to do some work and Westin's accident, we had a wonderful time. These trips always go by so quickly. Looking forward to heading back up next month.

No comments: