A couple random pictures from the week...
Cruisin' 3rd Street with friends
It's not unusual to see a show or movie being filmed around LA. While at 3rd Street, we caught a glimpse of a new Bravo show featuring Kara Dioguardi.
But forget about the stars, Westin just wanted to check out the cameras
Nate and W enjoying a little snack time
Dinner with the Kavanaghs
Showing off some new church clothes
And a couple funny stories from the week:
Story #1: Westin has decided he does not like to wear socks. That's typically ok when you're wearing sandals, but not with tennis shoes. After several days of letting him get away without wearing socks, his feet and shoes are developing a permanent odor - one that is not very pleasant. So, in an attempt to save W from being the "smelly child," I pulled out every different type of sock he has and told him he had to choose one - didn't matter which one, but he HAD to wear socks. The selection consisted of white socks, white socks with a sports logo, white socks with stripes at the top and brown socks with a red and tan argyle print. Guess which one he chose (to go with the purple and yellow striped shirt he was wearing)... the brown argyle ones. Not my first pick, but at least we got him in socks that day. Unfortunately, since I didn't have any other colored, printed socks for the next day, W was back in the brown argyle socks. Clearly I need to get more colored socks.
Story #2: The other day while cruising a nearby mall, Westin started noticing the many Christmas decorations. He would point to each one and I would tell him what it was (e.g. lights, wreaths, ornaments, etc.). He was, of course, most excited to see the giant Christmas tree. As we walked up to it, I explained that it was called a Christmas tree and that we would come back to take pictures with Santa. Westin continued to gaze at the tree with amazement. At this point, I felt that I needed to at least try to slip in a little blurp about the real reason we celebrate Christmas... you know, because it was the day Christ was born. Yeah, so for the next five minutes I stand there with Westin trying to explain to him that we are actually celebrating Jesus' birthday at Christmastime. After my speech, Westin looks at me and yells out, "Santa comes! HURRAY!" So my attempt at good parenting wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. Oh well, maybe next year.
Story #3: While driving in the car...
Westin: Mom, I have blue eyes.
Me: Yes you do. Good job, Westin.
Westin: Mommy has (insert pause and smirk)... purple eyes!
Me: What! No I don't. I have blue eyes.
Westin: (loud laughing, followed by another pause and smirk) mommy has... purple nose!
Me: What! No I don't.
Westin: (more loud, hysterical laughing)
Funny kid that Westin is.







1 comment:
too funny, kids are so clever! Where does that stuff come from?
Post a Comment