September 5, 2010

Life with Westin

This past week has been a bit of a blur. I was in New York and Chicago for the first part of the week working. (Sounds more glamorous than it actually was. To be honest, I guess I should really say I was in Westchester and Skokie - but that doesn't sound nearly as cool). While I was away, Ryan took Westin up to his parent's place so he could get a little help with W. You know, because knowing what to feed a child can get pretty complicated ;) Just kidding, babe. I know you and Westin were just fine without me!

Since I've been home, I've been working most of Westin's sleeping hours, leaving little time for me to get anything done around the house. (Major cleaning day coming up!). Ryan also took off the day after I got home for a brother's weekend in Utah for the first BYU football game. So, since Thursday, it's just been Westin and mommy time.

Ryan returns tonight and has one more day of freedom before he officially begins school as a first year MBA at Anderson. I'm truly excited for him, but am not really looking forward to going back to single parenthood. I got way too used to having him around the house. (Insert sigh here).
Here's a couple random snapshots from life with Westin lately.

Getting ready for Halloween as a ghost? No, just trying on dad's shirt for kicks.

Cleaning chimneys? No, just the aftermath of watching the garbage truck along a dirty window ledge.

Ready to tie his shoe? No, this is actually Westin's starting position when you tell him "let's race!"

Enjoying date night with mom at Yogurtland? YES!

4 comments:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Hey! I recognize that bib!! I'm so glad that he likes it -- what a sweetheart!

Juliann said...

I have been a single mommy, too--Scott was also in Provo this weekend. We should have connected! In fact, I took the kids on a date to LAX & In-n-Out yesterday and almost called you, but figured you were having family day with daddy!!! Darn it! Next time!!!

Megan said...

awe i love this pictures of westin. i especially love that you guys had a date night. i love it.

The Evers Family said...

I don't know. I think work is way worse than school. I see Mitch so much less than I did when he was in law school. I sometimes wish I could go back to the student days.