September 27, 2010

In His Own Words

This is Westin describing some of the different Disneyland rides we went on during our visit last week. I apologize for the bad videography, but I had to be sly about the camera positioning. If it was too obvious to him he'd just grab the camera and want to see the pictures.

A couple photos from the weekend...

Westin and dad watching a little football together.

Not sure how this is comfortable, but this is often how we find Westin in the morning.

Saturday morning I got a little time for myself to attend a baby shower for my friend, Ali. She is having twin boys in a few weeks (theme was double-mint)

The girls

We're all so excited for you, Ali!

And one quick Westin story: Sunday we arrived at church just as Sacrament Meeting was getting underway. As we sat in our seats, the congregation had just gotten quiet, and right at that moment, Westin yells out, "Snack time! Mom, snack? Snack time." We quickly tried to tell Westin that he needed to use a soft voice, but apparently I haven't done an adequate job of teaching him exactly what that is. Again, he shouted out, "snack time!" At that point we grabbed our arsenal of snacks and quieted him down. Not a few minutes later did the opening hymn end and it was time for a prayer. I was unaware of how well Westin knew the Sacrament Meeting format until he yelled out, "Prayer time! Mom, prayer time. Dad, prayer time" right as it was time to say the prayer. It's hard to get mad at a little boy who is so eager to say his prayers.

2 comments:

The Evers Family said...

Don't you love teaching kids to use their "quiet voice." Never seems to go over well. I swear Jackson still talks so loud in church and he's 5.

Ali and Brian Babcock said...

Thank you Court!!! Getting so close!