The times Westin is confined to a small space (e.g. highchair, carseat, stroller, bathtub) have now become our lesson times. He's just so darn active during EVERY other part of the day, that I can't get him to sit down in one spot and work on something for too long (am I describing a child with ADD or is every toddler that way?). Anyway, during mealtimes at the highchair, you'll often find us singing a song, naming off colors, counting or attempting the ABC's. In fact, thanks to an especially long dinner the other night, Westin now knows three words to the "Monkey Song" (a.k.a. "Five Little Monkeys"). Here's how we do it (I still need video of this)...
Me: "Five little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped his..."
Westin: "HEAD!"
Me: "Momma called the..."
Westin: "DOCTOR!"
Me: "and the..."
Westin: "DOCTOR!"
Me: "said..."
Westin: "NO MORE, NO NO... {insert some unclear babbling here}!" (His version of "no more monkeys jumping on the bed")
The other night I did capture our bathtime counting lesson on video. Unfortunately, this wasn't his best run. Right before I grabbed the camera he made it through 1-10 only forgetting 4. Once I grabbed the camera, he started getting distracted with the bath toys. I don't blame him. Who really wants to be counting when you could be sucking on bath toys?
September 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
eli and i watched this video 3 times in a row... and now eli really misses and wants to play with "wesin" and "couney"
Post a Comment