So, Tuesday night we packed our things and headed down there after dinner. The next morning we were up bright and early to get to the park when it opened.

Westin has just started getting to know Mickey Mouse at home, so we were eager to see how W would react to seeing MM in person, along with all the other Disney characters. To my pure delight, Westin was SO excited to see Mickey. In fact, Mickey was the first character we saw right as we walked into the park. It was perfect timing. Westin went right up and gave him a hug. He also couldn't resist sticking his hand in Mickey's mouth. Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture of that, but it was pretty priceless.
Mickey, Westin and me

Picture with dad, too

After saying hi to Mickey, we headed straight to Fantasyland. Our first ride was Dumbo and Westin seemed to really enjoy it. After the ride, he'd say, "up high, down low." Adorable. After Dumbo, we noticed the line to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was really short, so we jumped on board. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE (as a mother... I have plenty of others pre-motherhood that trump this mistake, but this one is pretty bad). I totally didn't remember what this ride was like, otherwise, I promise I wouldn't have traumatized my child this way. He was terrified and cried the whole time, saying, "all done, all done." I about died. Second ride of the day and we had completely ruined him. We rushed off the ride and ran right over to the Carousel in hopes of lightening the mood... didn't work as well as I'd hoped...
`
Westin gradually recovered as we rode every happy, bright-colored ride I could think of. Small World was a huge hit (how could it not be?). I have loved this ride since I was little and still don't get sick of it... especially when it's 98 degrees outside and you get 15 minutes of air conditioning. Westin also loved Small World. Between the two days at the park, we went on it 4 times. By the third and fourth time, he was saying "bye, bye" to all of the dolls each time we'd leave a room.

Toontown was also a big hit for Westin. He loved all the little cars he could climb on and pretend to drive.
~
Fireman Westin
~
Hanging out in Goofy's house

Givin' a little love to Minnie Mouse

After Toontown we headed over to Critter Country. Ryan jumped on Splash Mountain while Westin and I went on the Winnie the Pooh ride. At the end of the ride, there's a scene where Winnie the Pooh is having a birthday party with all his friends. So now when we ask Westin about the ride, he says, "happy birthday, Pooh."
~
As we walked off the Winnie the Pooh ride, guess who was there to greet us...
Westin really likes Tigger thanks to a stuffed Tigger doll at Ryan's parent's house that he's gotten acquainted with. The stuffed Tigger bounces, so Westin always says, "Tigger bounce" when he talks about his new friend. After Critter Country it was on to Adventureland for the Jungle Cruise and then back to the hotel for a nap. Having the hotel was SO great. Naptime was during the hottest part of the day, so it was good for all of us to go inside and get some rest.
~
But as soon as Westin was up, we were back at the park for more action. We spent most of the afternoon enjoying the same rides we had gone on in the morning. More Dumbo, Tea Cups, Small World, the Carousel, and a parade (which was totally lame. What happened to the Electric Parade? That was the best ever!)
Ryan and Westin about to take flight

Chompin' down an apple while waiting for the lame parade to start

On Thursday we were back at the park at 8 a.m. to meet up with our friends the Cordons who were enjoying their first day back to Disneyland after the blackout dates.
~
Westin and his bud Nicholas headed to Fantasyland

Running to Small World

Riding together on Small World

Tea Cups with mom

After a few more repeats, we tried out Buzz Lightyear. We were hesitant to do anything in the dark after the previous day's ride debacle, but Westin actually liked Buzz.
~
We then jumped over to California Adventure to see the Mckey's Playhouse show. Westin and Nicholas LOVED the show. I can't wait to go back again. I could sit and watch Westin clap and dance to Disney songs all day (I have video to add later).
~
Utterly enthralled with Mickey and his friends
By the time the show was over, it was time to head back to the hotel for a nap. We decided we'd come back to CA Adventure in the afternoon to explore it some more. Here's Westin mapping out our route.

In California Adventure we really liked the Monsters Inc. ride, but thought some of the other little kid rides were not as cool. You really can't beat Disneyland. However, Ryan and I both got a chance to go on the California Screamin' rollercoaster and thought it was great. I think there's a couple other big kid rides we'll have to try next time.

In California Adventure we really liked the Monsters Inc. ride, but thought some of the other little kid rides were not as cool. You really can't beat Disneyland. However, Ryan and I both got a chance to go on the California Screamin' rollercoaster and thought it was great. I think there's a couple other big kid rides we'll have to try next time.
~






6 comments:
YAY!!!! I am SO glad he fell in love with it, despite the Mr. Toad Trauma. I still can't believe we saw you guys there -- What are the odds?! (I was about to say "what a small world", but that would have been the WORST pun ever).
We'll have to go together!!
Hoorah!!! How can a little boy not love Disneyland?? Or a grown woman, for that matter! Anytime you want to go, the Browns are up for it! ....will be a little different without that lovely, cool, hotel for naps, but still a great time. :>)
Courtney! I tried to warn you! I think you need to start taking notes when you read my blog... or start reading my blog :)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride scared my kids so bad it almost ruined the entire day for them! We had to fight them into any ride that went into a tunnel for the rest of the day. Can we start a "lets make that ride less demonic" petition?
I'm so glad that he loved it! I love all the pics you got with the characters. You're a trooper to go on teacups..those are the ones that make me scared.. sick :) I'll remember not to do Mr. Toads ride when we take Nate the first time :) We'll for sure have to join you in the future.
How fun! We are taking the boys there in November (World though) and I am excited to see how Easton likes it. Not to self on the Toad ride. I do think I made that mistake too if I remember right.
He is so grown up! Looks like so much fun. If we lived in Cali I would for sure have season passes to Disneyland. It is the best! Taryn's favorite ride was the tea cups. She was terrified by the Nemo ride- we actually didn't try the wild toad.
Post a Comment