December 7, 2008

Still No Baby

So today is my due date, but we've yet to get any action from the little guy. We're going in to the doctor tomorrow morning to see how things are going and to monitor the baby for a little while. Ryan will be joining me at this appointment so we can talk with the doctor about scheduling a time to induce - definitely sometime this week if the doctor gives us the OK. We'll try to send out an email to inform everyone of what's going on.

In other weekend news, and besides being totally uncomfortable (I think baby Westin bruised my rib and now likes to roll against it when he gets a chance)... we had a fun weekend hanging with our friends and family. Friday afternoon I drove up to Agoura with Ryan, where we met up with my dad and Loni for lunch. Afterward, Ryan left for a client meeting and I relaxed at casa de Steve and Loni. Later that evening we met up with our friends BreAnne & Trevor and Katie & Cory. BreAnne made homemade chili (yummo) and then we had dessert at the Melting Pot. Surprisingly, none of us had been there before and we all loved it. Here's the gang, with BreAnne and Trev in the back and Katie and Cory on the right. I really should have thought more about my placement in the picture... not feeling so good about being the green giant in front (so ready to not have my stomach protrude so far out that it touches the table when I'm eating).


I also had to add this picture because of Ryan's expression as he watches Trevor eat one of the desserts. For the moment he must have been living vicariously through Trev's enjoyment of a chocolate covered marshmellow. Grrr baby!

Saturday was a lazy day. Ryan helped some people in the ward move, while I slept in and tried to get through some more of Breaking Dawn. We had BreAnne and Trev over later in the day for football, dinner and a movie. I think it finally hit Trev that his best friend is about to be a father and have his life change forever - it was pretty funny to watch him say goodbye to Ryan - it was like the end of a era for them...

Today we attended church, where I found out that another girl in my ward - who was also due today - had her baby on Friday... not fair!!! Of course I then had to deal with everyone asking me if I was jealous and when the baby was going to come. Wish I knew... but this is kind of an unpredictable event people!

To finish the weekend, my mom, Kenzie and Torsten brought us dessert. My mom and Kenzie are going through this new dessert book my mom has and are trying just about everything. So far, the book's recipes are a hit and my mom and Kenzie picked out some good ones. I've only got a couple more days of indulgence, so I have to enjoy while I can.

Alright, so that's the latest Ryan and Courtney (sans baby) update. Hopefully we'll have some news tomorrow.

3 comments:

tracie said...

Hang in there. I'll be sending good thoughts your way!!!!

Jason and Tawni said...

I thought about you all day and wondered how you were feeling. Some women have told me how awful it is to hit your due date and then pass it up with no baby. But the good news is that you sound very positive about the whole thing! Westin will get here when he is ready. I love your dinner picture, you look beautiful and as always, you have the cutest materbity clothes! Love ya girl, we will keep waiting for the news!

Krissy said...

We were thinking about you guys this weekend... don't worry baby Westin will come very very soon! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys when we come down there in a few weeks, if you aren't too busy. Have a great day, and keep smiling!