June 8, 2008

You might want to read this one!

Hey all! We've got some big news...

I'M PREGNANT!
~~~
We just told our families this past week and wanted to get the news out to the rest of you as soon as possible. And since I know all of you check our blog everyday... I thought it would be the perfect place to make the announcement. (It's been a busy weekend, so I apologize for not calling everyone).
-
We're very excited and feel so extremely blessed. I just hit 12 weeks and have a current due date of December 17th. I know it's going to fly by, and I just can't wait!!!
-
And yes, Ryan is aware of this... and yes, he was part of the planning process :-)
-
With it being the first grandchild for my parents, we did something a little special for my dad (my mom has known since I started getting sick - she's my very own pregnancy guide - what would I do without her?)
-
I made these cards with a candy poem...




(I couldn't find a Now & Later - what happened to those?)




(The Mr. T thing is kind of an inside joke... and I couldn't think of anything else to rhyme)
-
It was fun to see his look of surprise and hear him say, "What!?!, Really?!?, Wait, really?!?" It is so nice to have it out in the open. I started busting at the seams, and I know my mom has been dying to spread the news. So, there it is, come December we're going to be adding a new little Rich to the family. I think it's great timing since all the families will be around for the holidays.
-
We love you all and look forward to having you be a part of our child's life.

10 comments:

Beth said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I hope you're fat in a month when I get to see you! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
(I had to say it one more time!)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (ok, that was the last time - i promise!!!!)

I know this one should warrant a phone call but you're probably swamped with them. I'll call soon!

LOVE YOU!!
Beth

Anonymous said...

I've been waitng for this post! Very creative. SO excited to have another in the family

Aileen Taylor said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting!!!! What a cute idea with the candy bar announcements. One question though - did you ask for the candy bars back? ...you can do that b/c you're pregnant, you know. =)

Greg and Sariah said...

I was just telling Greg last week...geez when are my college roomies gonna get pregnant. I have two now. What's the hold up! And wow...here I am with my mom blogging away and to our surprise...I MEAN SURPRISE!!!! you make an announcement like this!!! I would call...but I can't get that excited yet. I'm still healing here! So give me a week to call and scream with joy for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting. Boy or girl...it's very exciting! Tell MC congrats for me. And Ryan too. haha love ya!

Megs said...

ahhhh! I'm so excited for your guys!!...now I realize how very far behind I am in the whole family process...congrats to you both! I can't wait to see you and the belly. And by the way, i loved the way you announced it - always so creative.

April said...

Yay! Kathy told us a few days ago but I wasn't sure if it was ok to say anything yet! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Zac and I are so excited for you guys. It's the best but really hard at the beginning! :) I'm sorry you've been sick- I was sick the entire pregnancy. I hope that doesn't happen to you. By the way- love how you told your dad...I'm sure he is thrilled!

Kacey Nielsen said...

That is so exciting! Congrats! Crazy times ahead but enjoy pregnancy. Even with its not so pleasant moments, it's the most quiet time you will ever have with your child :)

Cant wait to hear what you are having!

Kel said...

Court!! So, Kace just texted me your good news on Monday and she also informed me that you have a blog and told me to check it out... so, here I am!! CONGRATS! I am SO happy for you guys!!! I would have paid to see/hear Steve's reaction when you told him!!! You said that you were excited for everyone to be a part of your child's life... probably not me.. I am not good with children, remember? I have made Mckenzie cry more than any of you combined!! Hope to see you sometime this summer! I'm moving down for the month of July. i'll call you... we'll get together!! Love, Kellie (Kindred) Snarr

"C" said...

That is sooo exciting courtney!!!! im so happy for you!! you are going to be a great mom and ryan is going to be a great dad!! just dont send the baby to catholic school! haha congrats again!

The Sutera Family said...

Yeah!!! Congrats!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. You will be an awesome mom. I hung out with Kristi last night and she told me you were prego. I am so excited for you. Tell Ryan good job!

Jamie