June 16, 2008

Santa Monica 1st Ward Auction and Pancake Breakfast

This past weekend our ward had its 5th annual Pancake Breakfast and Silent Auction. The ward does this every year to raise money for the youth program. Though we are small in numbers, this money is really important because it allows our youth to participate in girls' camp, boys' camp, youth conference, and many more activities that they would otherwise be unable to pay for.

The morning started off at 7:30 with set-up. The YW and YM were in charge of the silent auction and live auction. We had another committee taking care of the food - thank Heavens! We had about 8 tables filled with silent auction items that the youth had collected from merchants around the city, as well as items donated by different ward members. Here's just a couple of the tables.

A big shout out to Papa Carlston for supplying our auction with all these DVDs - they were definitely a big hit.
This is the bishop (middle) with his second counselor (who kind of looks like he's about to throw up, but he didn't) making the pancakes, eggs and sausages.


Food clearly makes for a happy crowd.

After breakfast, we closed the silent auction and began the live auction where we auctioned off some great items - LA Film Festival tickets, Dodger tickets, personal training, cruiser bikes, and much, much more.

We had a great time and were very successful in raising money for the youth. But I'm so happy it's DONE!
Oh, this weekend we also found a new apartment - more to come on that at a later date.

2 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

Hey, thanks for your comment! I am totally adding you to the list for our blog. and.....the best part is I want to tell you congrats on the baby!!!!! Holy Cow! So excited for you! Keep us updated! Great way to tell everyone too. That was too cute!

Jason and Tawni said...

This was a cute idea to raise money. I love the idea of pancakes, yummy! Obviously the 2nd Counselor disagrees though ... (PS I voted on your poll and I totally think you are having a girl. If you want, I will let you name her Tawni)