June 27, 2008

Lots Going On

It's been a busy week... on Tuesday our Young Women's group was in charge of organizing the Stake Mutual Activity. We decided to do team building activities and then relate that to how it's easier to live the gospel principles when you surround yourself with supportive friends and family. We had a couple stations and I was in charge of the relay race. Two teams competed in an obstacle course that required one kid to be blindfolded while another lead the blindfolded kid through the course. The guide was not allowed to touch the other person, but could only tell them how to get through the course. I'm sure you all remember that from Youth Conference or EFY.

Then on Wednesday, Ryan and I had dinner with two of my best guy friends from high school, Jon and Lee. Since we will soon be living just 3 blocks from them, Jon decided to cook dinner for us at his place so we could become a little more acquainted with the neighborhood. Props to Jon for making a great dinner.

Moving on to Thursday, our good friends Trevor and BreAnne (from Utah) joined us for dinner at The Counter. We all over indulged in sweet potato french fries, burgers and shakes and then tried to work some of those calories off by playing Guitar Hero, tennis, and bowling on the Wii. It was great fun and we miss Trev and BreAnne so much. It was so fun to see them.

And today, Ryan and I will be heading to New York for a little over a week. We're taking the red eye tonight and will arrive at JFK bright and early - flying first class baby! We're staying with Ryan's brother, Trevor, in Manhattan. We've got a ton of stuff planned and can't wait to get a break from work. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions for things to do and places to eat at. I've included them in my itinerary (yes, I made an itinerary). I'll try to update the blog from the Big Apple. Ciao!

No comments: