Now that we're out of our place, and staying at the Richs (until Thursday), I'm hoping to get caught up on all the posts I have to do. Let's start with last weekend...
Saturday morning I took Westin to meet my dad and Loni for a grandparents' day. They had invited him play miniature golf while Ryan and I got some work done. This is one of Westin's favorite activities these days, and I've learned that I can't tell him in advance about fun things we have planned until we're literally walking out the door, otherwise I get the "mom, is it time to go yet?" from the moment he wakes up :)
The three amigos all ready to go in their golf attire
Such form! He actually scored three holes-in-one! Miniature golf prodigy, I tell ya'.
I love this picture. They look like they belong in a golfing magazine.
W couldn't have had a better day...
Though, he may tell you it could have been better if he was allowed to go in the batting cages.
Later that day we met some friends at the park for a going away party... our going away party. While I certainly didn't like the reason for the get together, I loved, loved, loved getting a chance to see everyone and say goodbye. We have been in three wards in the last five years here, and have had the pleasure and great blessing of becoming friends with some truly incredible people. Ryan's not much of an emotional guy, but this past week I think I cried enough for the both of us. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to our new adventure... I just want to take this gang with me.
Westin and Eli
The fabulous Abby, who put together the party, and cutey pants Daniel
Abs - you're amazing and thank you so much!!!
The Eltons (minus Eli)
We met the Eltons the first year we moved to Santa Monica - Megan was pregnant with Eli at the time, and the day I threw Megan her baby shower, I had just found out I was pregnant with W. That was more than four years ago. And now we've got these big boys who like to think they're either superheroes or professional athletes on a daily basis. Some very memorable moments with these guys.
Nicholas is one of our buddies from UCLA. The Cordons moved out of LA last year and then moved back to Pasadena a few months ago... of course, right as we're leaving. Great timing.
Lucky for us, they have family in the Bay Area!
Jen, Zack and Mandy
Representing the A-town gang.
Nate, Ry and Brian - Santa Monica 2nd ward golfing guys.
The Smiths (minus Jersey) - also some of our UCLA buddies. Rob started law school Ryan started his MBA. And while I don't wish for another year of school, I do wish we had another year with them.
Paige and Emily - two amazing friends and mothers I aspire to be like.
Looking forward to some visits from these two since both their families are in the East Bay (hint, hint).
Abs and Tauna - it was because of the Wilkinsons that we found our second apartment in SM. They were friends of our friends and told us about an opening in their complex. Loved being their neighbors. Such a neat family!
And just not even accepting the fact that I have to say goodbye to this lady...
or any of these gals, actually.
Nope, not happening.
I'll just see you in a few months.
I can't say it enough - love you guys! Thanks for all the wonderful memories.






















No comments:
Post a Comment