Bright and early Saturday morning at our start point, Paramount Ranch
I figured this may the only time I get them to smile, so I made sure to get some snapshots
The morning was pretty overcast - perfect running weather in my opinion. Here's the three of us together at the beginning.
First mile down, and still in good spirits... things changed around mile 9 :)
The course was a lot harder than I remember it being. Not only was there a straight mile uphill, but most of the course was pretty hilly. Even looking at the elevation map online didn't make it seem as bad as it was. I had been hoping to break two hours (which I did two weeks before running 13.1 in SM - 1:57), but I just couldn't hack it with as many hills as we came across. So, I finished in 2:00:44, and was happy to have at least beat my last race time. Ryan did really well and finished in 2:06.
My dad, Loni and Westin were real troopers and followed us along the first half of the race to take pictures and cheers us on.
Not sure he'll do another one, but he did finish this one. Way to go, babe!
After a little rest and cleaning up, we headed to lunch. Westin was such a great fan along the way, we thought he deserved the chocolate milkshake he chose to have for his lunch.
And earlier in the week, we celebrated the end of Ryan's finals with a trip to Disneyland. We had a great time and finally got to ride the new Star Tours. I brought Westin's snow boots and slipped them on him before getting in line for the ride. The boots added the half inch W needed to get on the ride... and it was well worth it because he LOVED it. He got off the ride and said, "Mom, that was SO much fun!" Always good times with these boys!









4 comments:
The Star Wars ride was a MUST for us. We did a lot of stuffing to get him on, but it worked. So much fun!
SO proud of the runner you are. I'm totally jealous..but can't bring myself to join that club!
Looks like such a fun race..
love catching up on your cute fam.
XO
Congratulations! That is a fantastic time! Our next half will be in Fontana, Ca in June and I am looking forward to it. It is basically all downhill, yay!
That snowboots trick is genius!
Um, you KILL me with your amazingness!!! I can't even run 3 miles let alone 13!! You guys rock.
Post a Comment