-
To kick things off, the "big" kids went for sushi on Wednesday night. Who knew that without kids, you could actually spend a few hours in a restaurant! Rick and Connie stayed home with the little kids, and we were short Camille and Adam. We'll just have to make it a new tradition and get them the next time.
-
Trevor, Ryan, Brian, Doug, Jan, Lindsay, me and Shalice
Westin LOVED hanging out with his cousins. Grant isn't pictured here, but Westin couldn't get enough of him and basically followed him around the entire weekend. If Grant wasn't nearby, Westin would go around to everyone and ask if they knew where he was. (Probably hiding to get a little break for Dub)
Thanksgiving Day was, of course, fabulous. Rick and Connie prepared a wonderful meal. Here's Rick with his turkey. Perfection.
Never knew someone to stir gravy as focused as Ryan... or maybe he's mad he's in the kitchen and not watching football... thoughts?
And here we are - we even fit in one room (kids table is to the right)
Westin and Emery are becoming buds (when they're not claiming territory over a toy or area of the room). I think next year they'll be quite the partners in crime.
On Friday, Grandpa Rick took the kids to feed the ducks - one of Westin's favorite activities. Here's W with Lily, Gemma, Emery and Delaney.
Besties
While the kids were out, Ryan and I met up with some of our favorite V-town friends - Cole, Kristen, Jacque, Chase, Phil, Erin and Mike
An afternoon outing to the park with Emery and Jan
...where a superhero always comes to life
To end the weekend, the kids went bowling on Saturday. Westin came home from the activity telling us he got a foul ball. He was so proud of it that I didn't have the heart to tell him there was no such thing in bowling. And I don't think he meant gutter ball, because they played with bumpers. I'm still a little puzzled.
Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Rich for a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!
Now it's crunch time - Ryan has finals next week, it's Westin's 3rd birthday (what! I know! crazy!), I have to teach in Primary and preschool back to back, I have some serious Christmas shopping to do (nope, didn't stay up all night for black Friday) and then we head to Utah in less than three weeks. My head is spinning.













No comments:
Post a Comment