November 4, 2011

Fluffy Vanilla Cake with Whipped Vanilla Bean Frosting

For a while now, I've been on the hunt for a white cake recipe that can compare to the box mix, because, let's be honest, a white cake from the box is dang good. When cooked for the right amount of time, it's moist, light and sweet (add a box of vanilla pudding mix and whoa, you've got me in white cake Heaven). I've tried a few recipes here and there, but nothing has come close... until now. I recently found Sweetapolita's Fluffy Vanilla Cake with Whipped Vanilla Bean Frosting and based on her description of it, I had to give it a whirl.


This is Sweetapolita's cake


And here's mine

I made it for a baby shower this week and was very pleased with the results. Not only was the cake just as fluffy and moist as I was hoping, this vanilla bean frosting was to die for! Try it out and let me know how you think it compares. 

1 comment:

Blackburn Family said...

oh my goodness it was so good! and yours looked exactly like the picture :)