August 28, 2011

Time with Dad

This last week I was back on the road for work. I was supposed to be gone Sunday through Friday, but my work schedule was changed last minute and I was able to come home Wednesday. That was good news. The bad news is that the reschedule part is for this week. I'm actually headed to NYC tomorrow... yup, a day after they got hit with a hurricane. Should make for some really smooth traveling conditions, right? Ha. I'm just hoping I can get a cab from the airport to my hotel and that my hotel in Midtown is up and running. Cross your fingers. 
-
Anyway, with Ryan home for a couple weeks before school starts up again, he was able to stay with Westin while I worked. A nice swap in our traditional roles.
-
When I took off Sunday, Ryan and Westin also took off to Valencia for the week. I got daily updates from the boys, who had some fun father-son bonding with baseball at the park, carousel rides at the mall, and even a visit to Chucky Cheese! 
-
Ryan sent me this picture
I'm told Westin LOVED air hockey, ski ball, and the basketball game. 
-
It was also fun to have the boys pick me up at the airport on Wednesday, opposed to me getting a cab. The whole ride home, Westin would say, "and guess what else we did, mom?" and would then proceed to tell me something he and Ryan did. He didn't stop talking the entire 15 minutes home. I loved it.
-
On Friday we drove up to Moorpark to see our friends the Kavanaghs. Ryan and Trevor played golf in the afternoon, so Westin and I got to hang with BreAnne, Nate and Paige until we all met up for dinner. After letting the boys ransack the toy room, we took them over to the Simi Valley mall to run around, see the koi fish and ride the train.




Tomorrow, I'm supposed to fly out to NYC. With the hurricane just barely clearing the area this afternoon, I'm a bit apprehensive to travel tomorrow. My flight hasn't been cancelled, but I just know there will be delays and difficulties getting around. Not looking forward to it. Once I return on Wednesday, I'm going to my first meeting for Westin's co-op preschool he's starting next month. After that, my mom is in town for the weekend and then we're off to Utah after Labor Day. Kind of looking forward to the school year starting and a little slow down... not that I really expect that to happen - it's just a nice thought cause let's be honest, it never slows down around here :)
-
Oh, and one more picture of the little man showing off his muscles... and his sweet farmer's tan!

No comments: