Unfortunately (and I hate to admit this), I'm actually missing Westin's birthday today. I left for a work trip Monday morning and won't be home until Wednesday. Yes, go ahead and crown me "Worst Mother of the Year Award." I know a deserve it. We did celebrate a little on Sunday and are going to continue the celebration when I get back. Before I left, Ryan and I gave Westin one of his birthday presents. We didn't wrap it because we were pretty sure he'd be too preoccupied with the wrapping paper itself to even notice the new toy. So we just set up the toy and let him go to town.
His favorite part of the toy: the little purple phone (go figure, it's the only piece he can pick up and put in his mouth). He does know, however, to put the phone to his ear when you say "hello." Video of that is to come later.
Exploring other parts of the activity table
I think he likes it!
Mandy is babysitting during the day while I am gone and has promised to buy Westin a birthday hat and take lots of pictures for me. Thanks, M!
Also this weekend, I attended the bridal shower of my dear friend, Erin. She is getting married to another one of our close friends (one of Ryan's best high school buds, Mike) in January. The shower was so fun and I was so happy to be a part of her big day.
Me with the beautiful bride-to-be

Opening gifts. BTW - Erin, you've got great taste. You got some fabulous things.
Tara and BreAnne
(Both Ryan and Trevor were home babysitting the kiddos while BreAnne and I were out with the girls. It was glorious!)

Melissa (who is getting married to another one of Ryan's high school buddies in May), Erin and me

Those are the only pictures from the weekend. Ryan and I also went to his work Christmas party on Friday night, but I was lame and didn't take any pictures. Not that anyone really cares about what Ryan and I do if W isn't involved :)
Alright, it's past midnight. Gotta get to bed. Off to Chicago tomorrow. Cross your fingers there are no delays. The midwest is getting a bit of a snowstorm.



4 comments:
Happy Birthday Westin!
That's nuts. This year has flown by.
WOW! One year already? That's so exiting and crazy at the same time. I have truly enjoyed reading your blog and seeing how Westin has grown since he was born. Hope you have a great time celebrating when you return.
Happy Birthday Westin!! Nate and I love you so much and you make us so happy everytime we see you!!
Here's to little man.
Post a Comment