December 16, 2009

Lesson of the Week: Patience

Apparently I'm supposed to be learning a little something about patience this week. How do I know this? Well, let me share a few experiences from the week already and you tell me if the Lord isn't trying to teach me a lesson or two.

Situation #1: Car gets towed at 7 a.m. Monday morning, (while forgetting to move the car may be our fault, we only had to park there because we only have one parking spot and trying to find parking on our street on a weekend night is ridiculous thanks to the bars on Wilshire. Ugh! Done with apartment living! Clearly, I haven't learned the lesson at this point in the week.)

Situation #2: After retrieving the car from the impound lot for a small pricetag of $243.80, we see that the City of Los Angeles left us an early Christmas gift - a parking ticket. And instead of it being the normal $50 ticket, it was $80. (Yeah, go ahead and kick us a few more times while we're already down. Also, how can the state of California be bankrupt when they're towing hundreds - probably thousands - of cars a day for upwards of $300?)

Situation #3: Monday finally ends and Tuesday arrives with a little more hope that the week will turn around. HA! Now some movie company is filming down the street at the high school and has blocked off even MORE parking. After returning from the gym, I spend 15 minutes driving around finding a parking spot that I'm 100% certain isn't a tow zone.

Situation #4: I'm on the road again this week and yesterday I flew to Atlanta. The trip was off to a good start until we landed and had to sit at the gate for 30 minutes, with no AC, while the gate crew tried to get the jetway secured to the cabin door. This never ended up happening, so they towed us to a different gate.

Situation #5: Two words - inexperienced travelers (or maybe the better phrase would be, oblivious travelers). I don't think I need to say more.

So you tell me? It's pretty clear the lesson of the week is supposed to be about patience, right?

1 comment:

The Evers Family said...

Awful. I can't believe how much parking in a wrong place cost you. My ticket I got at the airport ended up only being $16. I guess that's the difference between Omaha and LA....oh and the fact that it is -20 today and probably 55 there.