July 5, 2014

Back to Work

Just a couple weeks ago I was back in New York for work. I never get tired of that city and even love going when it's all business. The project I was working on was for the redesign of InStyle.com. They had been given my name by another client of mine. I was so excited to work on this project and am so pleased to be building my own client base. 

With a couple months of prep, the research finally took place at the end of June. I flew out early (like 6:30 am early) Sunday morning and landed around 3pm. By the time I took the train into the city, it was about 5. Instead of a hotel, I was able to stay with Mandy and Scott at their new place in Greenwich Village. The apartment had just been completely remodeled and looks amazing. I loved having time to hang out with Mandy and Scott when I wasn't working - another big reason I love working in NYC.

This is the Time Warner Center, where I work when I'm in town. 
Af the end of the day Tuesday, I headed straight to JFK for an 8:30 flight. I landed around midnight but unfortunately didn't get home till about 1:30am due to traffic. Great timing. 

Avery was up by 6am, but luckily it was dollar movie Wednesday, so we were able to spend the morning relaxing in the theater. 
Always love coming home to these two! 

That afternoon, my aunt and cousins dropped by for a visit.

The next night, my cousin Emily babysat for us and I met Ryan in the city for dinner at Delfinas and ice cream at Bi-Rite. (We've been ending a lot of our dates with ice cream lately - it's our latest obsession). 

And a few ransoms from the remainder of the week...

Army battle in the bathroom... Because obviously that's the best place for a battle... Or a good place to hide from your little sister. 

Swimming with friends. This is Avery's little friend Piper.

And a morning playing cars. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post! You have such a cool "other" life!! You are so lucky that you love what you do, and that what you do is so neat! I also love that Pipes made the post :)