Westin received a couple early Valentine's surprises from grandma Diana, and then some more from grandpa Steve and oma Loni. He loves, loves, loves to get things in the mail. So both packages completely made his day.
And I have to be honest, I did enjoy browsing Pinterest to find a Valentine's idea for Westin to give to his friends at preschool. I decided to go with this one: "I cereal-ously like you! Happy Valentine's Day." Westin was a big help cutting ribbon and signing his name.
On Valentine's morning, Ryan and I gave Westin a little gift...
And then I made strawberry cream heart french toast... which wraps up the extend of my Valentine's activities :) At least Westin got a party at school.
One of the little presents I put in the gift box, were these sponges that grow into animals. Best dollar I ever spent!
As our real Valentine's treat, we actually drove down to LA Thursday night, making a quick pit stop at In n' Out for dinner.
Westin quickly fell asleep, and shortly after he did, we received this email from his t-ball coach, informing us which team W would be on. Take a look at the last line in the first paragraph...
Seriously?!?!?!? You could not have given us a worse team to play on (and by "us," of course, I mean Westin). I wasn't sure who was going to take the news harder, Ryan or Westin. Being the Dodger fans that we are, this was going to be a huge blow to the boys. In fact, I'm pretty sure Ryan was in denial for most of the drive... and spent half of it truly debating whether or not he was going to remove Westin from the team. (I'm only half kidding). He finally settled on how he could make the season work... we'd tell Westin that it was ok to root for the little Giants, but we still don't have to root for the professional Giants. The next morning, I broke the news to Westin. His response, "No! I don't like the Giants!" For a few minutes he was heart broken. I then gave him Ryan's explanation and after thinking about it for a few minutes, Westin was on board, making sure to tell everyone that we like the little Giants but not the big Giants.
After getting past the news, Westin and I went down to Santa Monica to spend the day with friends, while Ryan joined his friend to attend the PGA tournament in the Palasades (this is their third year attending together). Our first stop was to see Jersey and Abe.
We then spent the afternoon with Megan, Eli and Issac, and had a blast watching Eli's soccer practice/game and playing at the park.
Showing off their awesome soccer tattoos.
On Saturday, Westin and I had lunch with my mom, dad and Loni, while Ryan shopped for his golf clubs (his big 30th birthday gift).
Then it was off to buy some cleats and play a round of mini golf with grandpa and oma.
That night, grandpa and oma babysat Westin so Ryan and I could go out. We met up with Trevor and Shalice at a new, and very popular (and crowded) restaurant in downtown called Bottega Louie. It was delish and I would highly recommend it (just try to go during off hours).
I haven't really taken many belly shots yet, so as I was getting ready for church on Sunday, I snapped this one (about 17 weeks).
We then spent the day at the Ryan's house, where Westin helped Ryan clean-up his new clubs.
We also celebrated grandpa Rick's birthday with presents and cake.
Quick weekend... but I'll make that trip any time!

















No comments:
Post a Comment