February 23, 2013

Ryan Turns 30!

February 9th... Ryan turned 30!!! Hard to believe we are leaving our 20s already.

So for Ryan's birthday this year, I wanted to surprise him... and I came up with a good one (if I do say so myself). I can never pull off a surprise for him, so I was really excited about this one. There were so many times I wanted to say something but I kept it in and it was so worth it.

I kept telling Ryan that we had plans for Saturday, his actual birthday, but that I wouldn't tell him anything more.

The night before, around 10, I told Ryan I forgot something at the store that I really needed for the next day. He thought that was a little strange but he was so tired he didn't question it. Instead of the store, I headed to the Bart and picked up Kurt and Erika! They walked in the house to Ryan's complete surprise!!! He had no clue and was truly surprised.

The next morning we started the day with a pancake breakfast, and then went over to downtown Walnut Creek to show the Rebers our new hood.


X


Love this picture... Erika (who is pregnant with a boy and due a week before me - seriously so amazing!) and I were looking through a baby store and this is where we found the boys...

After lunch in Walnut Creek, we took Westin to a friend's house for the rest of the day, so the adults could go enjoy the city and a night out. It was a beautiful weekend, and we had the perfect weather to see all the views.



On Sunday, we drove down to Palo Alto to tour Stanford. Last time we were here, Ryan didn't get a chance to see the campus and Westin was eager to get back to the track. Seriously, he was so excited to run the track... he ran three laps with only a quick stop to give us high fives in between each. He was awesome and may have a future in running.


Kurt and Westin were about to throw pennies into the fountain, and were trying to decide what their wishes should be. I think Westin's was something about a new costume.


As always with Kurt and Erika, it was a great time! I'm so appreciative that they could come surprise Ryan for his 30th - it meant so much to the both of us. Love those Rebers!!!

Here's to a new decade of adventure, love, laughter, and I'm sure, many more surprises! Happy birthday, Ryan!!!

No comments: