I have like a hundred pictures to post from the last month, but I thought Westin's announcement was a little more important...
I'm currently 11 weeks, due July 31st.
To say we're SO SO SO excited is 110% accurate and a complete understatement. As some of you know, we've been hoping to expand our family for close to two years now. Westin joined us so quickly, I guess I expected our other children to do the same. Turns out the Lord had a different timetable. I'm not quite sure yet why it couldn't happen earlier, when we had it planned, but I've been humbled through this long journey and am so grateful to our Heavenly Father for providing us with this opportunity now.
I found out the good news just after Thanksgiving and was dying to tell family and friends all through the holidays, but wanted to wait until my first appointment, which was yesterday. Seeing the fetus and hearing the heartbeat for the first time is one of the most remarkable experiences in this life. My heart skipped a beat the first time I saw Westin, and it did the same when I finally got to see #2. I cannot wait to meet our new addition. July is just too far away!
And you may be wondering how Westin took the news... well, his first response was "no!", but I don't think he quite understood what we were talking about. After explaining it to him a little more, he seemed ok with it and actually just went on doing what he was doing. In the last couple of days, as we've shared the news with others, I've tried talking to him more about what it's going to be like with a new baby in the house. His interest has increased and now he continually asks me to "show him the baby." Luckily I have the ultrasound picture, but that doesn't always satisfy his curiosity. He literally wants to see inside my belly :)
He's going to be a great big brother and I'm just as excited to see him in his new role as I am about having another child. He's going to rock at it! In fact, he's already helping out. He's given us two baby name suggestions. The first came yesterday when we shared the news with my dad, Loni and Chris on Skype. They asked Westin what we should call the new baby and Westin replied, "Jagger" - clarifying that it could be used for a boy or girl. Then today at a friend's house, when he found out their dog's name was Ginger, he turned to me and said, "mom, that would be a good name for the baby."
Anyway, I'll end it there. And will hopefully get back on here with holiday posts soon.


4 comments:
seriously, this is the best news ever. westin really is going to be a fantastic big brother.
Congrats!!! Two is a lot of fun and Westin will be a fabulous big brother and helper!
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Congratulations!!! I am SOOO excited for you:)
Congrats Courtney! you make beautiful children, the world definitely needs more Rich's!
Post a Comment