It's called Campfire Delight, courtesy of my favorite cake guru from Sweetapolita. This girl works magic with cakes. Everything she creates looks simple stunning... and based on my experience with this cake, I'm pretty sure everything has got to be equally delicious.
So this cake - it's a dark chocolate cake with burnt marshmallow cream filling and malted belgian chocolate frosting. Ridiculous!
My did not turn out nearly as gorgeous as the original, but I was pretty happy with it for my first try.
My cake is also lighter in color because I didn't use the "extra brute cocoa" the recipe called for. I think next time I'll definitely have to splurge and order some because I'm sure the extra brute cocoa really creates a strong flavor. Also, I still can't figure out how to get such a clean cut. I followed her tip to refrigerate the cake a little before cutting it, and I used a super sharp knife, but I still couldn't get that perfect cut that she did. I'm telling you, she works magic.
Oh well. Guess it doesn't matter how perfect it looks, because it tasted incredible. This one is a keeper!
As for the excuse to bake this yummy treat - we had a going away/birthday party for my friend Paige. Dinner at Kay N' Daves and dessert at my place.
Love you, Paige!






1 comment:
Courtney, you are RIDICULOUS!! You blow me away with your cooking and baking. I haven't even heard of half the things you bake with, let alone have the guts to attempt a recipe with them in it. Beautiful cake!
btw, are you going to Griffith Park on Friday? We are planning on it and would love to see you!!
Post a Comment