We went to the beach with some friends from our new ward. It was a little overcast when we first got there, but cleared up beautifully during the second half of our visit. Westin enjoyed playing in the sand, but preferred just to sit on Tamara's lap and steal all her baby's food. I tried to hold him back and give him the food I brought for him, but it was pointless. Westin wanted those puffs, and while Tamara kindly offered W one or two little puffs at a time, that wasn't enough for W. He repeatedly shoved his hand right into the container and helped himself to several giant handfuls. This kid has no shame. Tamara, I owe you some puffs.

BreAnne and Nate came over for a playdate, during which we got to see Nate walk and had lunch at Cafe Rio.
We watched the airplanes land at LAX with Juliann, Camden and Brinley.
I finally saw A-Team with my friend Bonnie.
Ryan was actually in town ALL week. (Just two weeks left!!!)
We went to The Grove with some friends to see the kids' band, Jambo, perform. They were actually quite good and the place was packed. Here's Westin once again munching on someone else's food. (Is my kid the only food mooch or does every kid do this?)

We went on a walk and to the park with Megan and Eli.
We went swimming with some friends. Unfortunately, Westin had to learn about walking around the pool the hard way. He was persistent about running and jumping into the pool, and after continually trying to teach him to walk and not run, he had a little fall and bumped his head. Nothing major, just enough to scare him and me and to send us home for a nap.
We colored almost every morning.

I tried styling Westin's hair some more. It doesn't do much other than comb to the side, and even then it doesn't stay for too long, but it's stink'n cute!
This weekend we'll be celebrating the 4th with Ryan's family. We're looking forward to more swimming, seeing the cousins, yummy BBQ food and fireworks.
Happy 4th, everyone!

3 comments:
Cute pictures and great update! Sounds like you guys have been having so much fun. I am in love with days at the pool. It helps to get a tan, wear the kids out, and it's just an all around good time.
Love you!
I don't know if every kid mooches, but every kid I've ever had does. It's embarrassing.
W is so beautiful. In a manly way, Ryan.
Post a Comment