We all know that red eyes are miserable, especially when the flight is packed. You're cramped, there's little leg room, you can never get fully comfortable, there are no longer pillows (unless you're in first class - I was not), and if you're really lucky (like I was last night), you get the occasional stranger sleeping on your shoulder.
Silly me. Why did I have to change my isle seat for a window seat? Well, I was hoping to get some sleep while resting my head against the window. Silly me. What was I thinking?
So I end up sitting next to four guys who were apparently in some kind of band. What kind of band, you ask? Well, I don't officially know, but maybe you can help me out after you read the following description:
Four guys in their early twenties, all of which were tattooed, had several piercings, ripped jeans, ripped arm sleeves, long (greasy) hair, patchy facial hair (the kind that should never be grown out because there's barely any there so it just looks like a teenager trying to prove his manliness by growing out his facial hair), used some kind of profanity every other sentence, and smelled like alcohol.
For a minute I wondered if I had gotten on a plane headed back to the 90's. Pretty sure that's where these guys came from.
Lucky me, right?
As if the stench of alcohol wasn't enough to make me gag, as the night dragged on, the guy sitting next to me passed out against my shoulder (I know he was passed out because several times I forcefully nudged him off me and he didn't move an inch). And while I tried to maneuver myself so every inch of my body was against the window side of my chair, some how this kid was still touching my arm.
Ugh!
(Why wasn't the guy sitting next to be Brad Pitt? I would have happily offered my shoulder for him to pass out on.)
Sorry to be judgemental. I fully admit that I am. Feel free to judge me back.
Now I'm in Columbus, OH for the day. I'll be heading home tomorrow... and I'm not taking the red eye.
July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ugh that sounds awful. I hope you get a nice sweet old lady on the way back :) We're looking forward to Thursday!
AGH!!! How miserable! I am so sorry:( Does it make it better if I tell you that the nasty experience made for an AWESOME blog post? I may have laughed out loud at your comment on the plane heading back to the 90s....
I'm so sorry! I told my mom that and she said that she felt really bad for you! Same with me. At least that's over now!
That's no fun girl... I'm soo sorry, as if planes weren't bad enough. We are excited to see you though!
Beautifully written. I love that airplane stories can be fun even without kids.
Dying over this one. Were any of these guys my brothers???
Post a Comment